Quality of follow sources

Will try another 50 or fitness inspo accounts and test them anyway. May have a few good ones.

Ah ok. You might also want to try these settings to increase the follow back rations

Follower to following ratio > 0.2 (To avoid bots and spam accounts). Ratio < 2 or 2.5 (So that they are not the ones who are so concerned about their following count and following only a few

Follower count to be less than 1000 (targets consumers and not influencers and are more likely to follow when their own count is less)

You will know better. But just a tip to increase follow back rations that i have used over the years

2 Likes

Yeah I thought about that. Do these changes effect the accounts scraping or the actual child accounts. I.e which is doing the api calls etc. Trying to avoid making to many non human actions, seems to be working so far.

But if the scrap accounts are the ones doing the api calls, then thats a great thing to add to sources.

You set these on the scrappers. The actual accounts are not affected. They only get the usernames as their source

1 Like

I’m guessing you search recent posts that are in hashtags. Do you recommend using big hashtags or more niche specific. The one I tried was obesetobeast and didn’t get many follow backs from it

ok cool, that always confused me. Will definitely add that in then. Thanks for that!

Most of the posts in hashtags are also filled with curated or business pages posts. You dont want to target these. So you might want to use blacklisted words like buy/credits/feature etc. You will know what the words are, but filter them out and you will get decent follow backs. Also make sure to target only those who interact with the posts, not those who post them

1 Like

Can you do that on hashtags? or that for page follow sources?
I have that on the pages I have setup already

as in target people who liked post on hashtag

Don’t worry. just saw that option! Thanks man

1 Like

is there a way to see if the scrape accounts are doing all the api work?
I have them set up as a tag and that all actions go through them. But there is no notifications of them actually doing anything.

Mainly asking because I got two minor blocks after changing follow settings, may just be a coincidence but just making sure

No notification? Thats weird?
How are the scrappers set up? What are the settings on the main?

Ideally, there should be 0 filters on the main. Only time intervals and after actions be set up for mains

1 Like

That’s how I set it up, you do all the actions on the main but it gets sent to scrapers. A guy on here checked my settings awhile back and he said it was good. But I don’t get any notifications that the scrapers are doing anything

I never used that way. Hadi is a respected member and i am sure what he says makes sense.

But if you want to try the normal way of setting them up and see, you might get some answers about the blocks. Labeling and managing scrappers should be easy.

1 Like

I commented on his post, find his way easier as I don’t need to do anything to the scrape accounts. I don’t seem to get any blocks until I change something, but that shouldn’t happen if the scrapers are doing the work. Hopefully hadi can clear it up for me.

Havn’t had any blocks for a few weeks, until this week I started changing settings to get better FB rates

I have the same problem as i want to target followers of my competitors but at the same time i want to target the ones that are from a specific area/region.

Im going to try something new this week and i will let you know if it works.

My plan is to scrape the followers of the targeted account into Excel sheet (File “A”)
Then i will scrape the users who posted hashtags that are related to the location #LondonFitness (File “B”)
Finally i will scrape users base on location (File “C”)

Then using analytical tools in Excel i will compare the 3 files and extract the similarities, those users will meet the desired conditions:

• They are following my competitors/niche (showed up in File “A”)
  • They are using relative hashtags to the nice as well to the location (showed up in File “B”)
  • They are local because their location is matching the locations im interested at. (showed up in File “C”)

My only worry is that the scraping based on location is going to be HUGE… i can imaging it will be in hundreds of thousands.

I’d love to hear more ideas before i do this.

Actually i always dreamed of this to be a feature in the user filters in the Follow tool, where you could apply the location as filter.

1 Like

Yeah, life would be way easier if you could select countries. I wish you luck! Let me know how you go

Have you tried using Follow using Geolocation as source and checked this filter?

You can add LondonFitness in the filter box.

1 Like

will try this one