[Rant] Why is there no Drop Shipping Section?

These days drop shipping plays a huge role in online marketing. Especially beginners tend to get into it. Within the last months new Sections like YouTube, Twitter & TikTok Marketing popped up. I’m positive a Dropshipping section would be several times more active than these 3 together. Is there a specific reason why we don’t have one yet?

2 Likes

Perhaps if leaders notice more topics around the subject, then they would consider adding it.

If you have any experience with it, or want to share your questions around it, you should make more topics

And ppl will help

5 Likes

Writing an in depth guide on a topic that might not get any recognition seems off to me. I’m a very busy person

Seems like very few have an interest, there are hardly any topics as it is… and they’d fit pretty much anywhere based on the platform someone was using to market said dropshipping sites.

1 Like

I actually encountered a bunch of people that are interested in Drop Shipping but don’t know where to start. Especially from the IG section. It’s just not an easy topic compared to the other ones and wannabe gurus more or less ruined the credibility of Drop Shippers like myself

2 Likes

You never know. And if you have a nugget or 2 that you are working towards,

Maybe it might spark and help a few members

I figure that’s how it will build up if you really want to see a drop shipping category here

2 Likes

It would make more sense to have a marketing/advertising section that contains e-commerce, website platforms, marketing strategy, advertising, cpa, mailinglist building, and probably even dropshipping combined into one.

As an example as to why, there’s a YouTube category for ALL of YouTube and it has like 5 topics…

5 Likes

In my case I only get traffic from Instagram and it’s been working great so far. Never touched Facebook, Google ads or anything else

2 Likes

Good idea, add droppshipping section please!

1 Like

And I am FOR this idea! And a combination of these themes :slight_smile:

Doing a little dropshipping myself and would also love a section on this.

2 Likes

possibly a stupid question – is drop shipping still viable? hell, every product I see I can get via Chinese websites – cheaper than EBAY and for me that cheap. So is it really needed? ( just asking – not for or against it.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind but too many sub topics could lead to a spammy category. A majority of the people from this forum that want to get into Dropshipping don’t need all that information in the beginning

Believe it or not more than 90% of the US Population are not aware of AliExpress and the Drop Shipping concept. That won’t be a big problem. In 2 years I got about 20 messages/emails/comments asking why we offer the same products than AliExpress does.

It depends on the niche. If you decide to go with over saturated markets like jewelry (etc) the possibility of you failing is immense. I wouldn’t suggest it to anyone. While AliExpress Dropshipping gets a little worse every year Print on Demand increases by a huge amount. One good design and you can make a couple 1000 a month without putting too much work in. I like to buy designs from Instagram artists for 100-300 USD instead of paying some Fiverr amateur $50 for dogshit designs.

It was an easy transition since I already had a huge Instagram network centered around the niche my Shopify store is in. If your main social media platform is Instagram then hell yea go for it, it’s a gold mine!

4 Likes

the reason I ask is I am 56 and going to retire soon. I might as well use my 4.1 mill network for something

4 Likes

I swear everyone, at least in Europe, knows about aliexpress… it used to be unknown though

3 Likes

Dropshippers barely advertise in EU. But there are some success story’s of stores that sold obvious AliExpress Products in EU. It depends on the product really

It’s already going on an interesting conversation here about dropshipping… I suggest a separate section.

Have also searched extensively about dropshipping a couple of months ago and also believe that Ali express is not that unknown.

not only that – seems as any product I see advertised I can find on amazon. Often with 2 day delivery. It seems to me – that game might be coming to a close except for products truly unique.

5 Likes

That’s why I also left it aside for now. Wasn’t convinced. You need really good product research otherwise don’t do it.

2 Likes