πŸ“— Recommend A Book πŸ“—

Feel free to share the name of any book that you have read that has benefited you, please also leave a brief description of what the book is about.

Name Of Book:
Brief Description:

7 Likes

name of book: SPOONFED GENERATION

Brief Description:
Spoonfed Generation will explain the importance of children’s independence and the vital stages to letting go. Never before has a generation been so dependent on their parents; now it’s time to remove the spoon and put it back in the drawer.

8 Likes

Name Of Book: Eat that Frog!
Brief Description: Short book on how to work more effictively.

Name Of Book: The 4 hour work week
Brief Description: About automating your business so you can get more free time. Also includes tips on how to travel cheaper.

Name Of Book: Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
Brief Description: Nice book about how millionaires think. Some passages have really changed my (financial) life.

Name Of Book: Rich dad Poor dad
Brief Description: Good book for beginners that want to handle their money smarter.

Name Of Book: POWER
Brief Description: Like the title already tells, it’s about how to gain power. If you don’t want to use the techniques for your own advantages, you can still use them to protect yourself if others want to use those techniques on you.

Name Of Book: The richest man of Babylon
Brief Description: Beginner book about finance. A very fun read because it also tells stories :slight_smile:

Name Of Book: how to win friends and influence people
Brief Description: Title says it all. Very good book!

22 Likes

Love you for this. An absolut classic :slight_smile:

4 Likes
10 Likes

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Think And Grow Rich
Written in 1937 by Napoleon Hill, promoted as a personal development and self-improvement book. Hill writes that he was inspired by a suggestion from business magnate and later-philanthropist Andrew Carnegie (via wikipedia)

11 Likes

Again a classic. Im melting :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Notice: The reason that I have not shared any β€œBooks” is because so far I have not read any business related books, I have read a bit of β€œRich Dad Poor Dad”

9 Likes

I second Rich Dad Poor Dad!

5 Likes

I don’t know how interesting this will be to most of you, but this is Wernher Von Brauns proposal to get to Mars. Much of which was adapted to the U.S. to the moon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5sULaqBIp0QNHl0R0xzX0xxdUE/view

8 Likes

Just stumbled across this on reddit yesterday, very interesting stuff.

Also I second the 4 hour work week, really opened my eyes in terms of working for myself and separating my time from my income.

9 Likes

I second the suggestion of rich dad poor dad! , The richest man in Babylon is another classic, and recently, The one thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan ( Great read on the power of focus!)

4 Likes

Tim Ferriss and The 4-Hour Workweek
The Richest Man in Babylon

4 Likes

Oh my god!!! This is like heaven to me. :slight_smile:

Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff . . . and It’s All Small Stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life by Richard Carlson.

That’s just the first.

Thank you for recommending The Richest Man in Babylon. Have always heard good things about it. Now, off to reading. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Chimp paradox -

It is very understandable, very usable, and excellently written.

I’ve read many, many, many books on the brain, emotions, behaviors, but I would say this is one of the best overall and, I think, the best for most people to read and learn from - and to implement from

One golden rule I liked from the book is facing adversity with the rule of β€˜life is unfair’.
We all to much feel entitled to everything being fair - and when it is not we kick up a fuss. Sometimes you should in the face of adversity just tell yourself β€˜lifes not fair’ and get over it.

3 Likes

The Emperor’s New Clothes

Don’t be afraid to think differently. Don’t always follow the herd…

8 Likes

Failing Forward by John C Maxwell. It talks about how some very successful people got to where they were by β€œfailing”. Good read!

2 Likes

I was always a big fan of Georges Bataille, but it’s not for everyone :slight_smile:

Another disturbing, yet enlightening novel that you won’t regret:
Louis-Ferdinand Celine - Journey to the End of the Night

1 Like

Elon Musk

Reading this book motivated me to try to think 3 steps ahead instead of following the competition.

8 Likes