๐Ÿ“— Recommend A Book ๐Ÿ“—

These three books really helped shape how I started and operate my business. I highly recommend them. Not only will they help you develop your own business but they will also better help you help your clients.

Building a Storybrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Don Miller
This really helped me shape my perspective as to how we communicate our services to clients. It summary, remember - the customer is the hero, and you are the guide.
mage

The Art of Creative Thinking by Rod Judkins
We also face challenging road blocks, especially now more than ever. This book forced me to think about challenges from a different perspective and find creative solutions that have ended up becoming other opportunities to create new streams of revenue.

Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal by Oren Klaff
I highly recommend getting the audio version of this book as itโ€™s read by the author. Youโ€™ll walk away with the best dimension of understanding how to not only pitch your services but to also frame the pitch itself so that you can charge what you are worth and not give in to offering your services for less.

5 Likes

Iโ€™ve started reading the book Yes Man(the movie with Jim Carrey is based on the book) and itโ€™s been pretty solid. A lot of us marketers get caught up in front of the computer, saying no to a lot of great gifts and opportunities in life. The book is nice because itโ€™s about a guy who starts saying yes to everything(Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ve seen the movie) and even though it doesnโ€™t work out for him all the time, it does lead to better opportunities for him in life. So you may find it to be helpful for you.

Aside from that, thereโ€™s Winning Through Intimidation, which I havenโ€™t found in paperback yet. Itโ€™s an older book that is from the self-help genre that gives you strategies with the constant โ€œnosโ€ in life - strategies beyond โ€œwell one door closes, the other one opens, hurr durr.โ€ Itโ€™s basically a book for keeping a healthy mindset when under pressure as the underdog.

Lastly, Jordan Petersonโ€™s An Antidote to Chaos is great for settling your life down and dealing with challenges. Anything by Jordan Peterson I recommend - great writer, great speaker, and he has some great podcasts too.

1 Like

Read these and you will become rich.

• Daniel Kahneman - Thinking, Fast and Slow
  • David Ogilvy - Ogilvy on Advertising
  • John Caples - How to Make your Ads Make Money
  • Johan Berger - Contagious
  • Robert Cialdini - PreSuasion and Influence
  • Martin Lindstrom - Small Data and NeuroMarketing
  • Noam Chomsky - Manufacturing Consent
  • Sugarman - The ADweek Copywriting Handbook
  • David Garfinkel - Advertising Headlines
  • Drew Eric Whitman - Brain Scripts and Cashvertising
  • Richard Bayan - Words That Sell
  • Charles Duhigg - The Power of Habit
  • Nir Eyal - Hooked
  • Claude Hopkins - Scientific Advertising
  • Seth Godin - The Purple Cow

Then I have a few hundred more in my library, but for now, start with these.

7 Likes

Interesting choice for a marketer.

1 Like

Yes, Chomsky itโ€™s more on Media/Political Manipulation but it gives also a great point of view in terms of marketing strategies, obv more in big plans.

P.s Iโ€™m not interested in Politics.

1 Like

Never said you were. I am studying social engineering for similar reasons.

1 Like

Love the classic ones :wink:

As all the succes books are already here :muscle:

Something different:

Just a story of a bear and a tiger who are best
friends and decide making a trip to Panama.

Helps me to calm down when things are stressy.

Download

3 Likes

:skull:(since this thread was dredged up from the crypts):skull:

Allow me to drop a book that (has nothing to do with marketing/mindset etc) had a big impact.

It was actually given to me by someone that I had never met previously.

(not that any of this mattersโ€ฆ purely context for those that want to read.) -

Years(!) ago I was in NYC for a few days for a few meetings and commiserating with friends when I met this old guy, through my girlfriend at the time (she was in the theatre), and we got to talking, drinking etc. Talking about lifeโ€ฆ

I donโ€™t remember his name.

Day before I leave I get drug to a dinner party and lo and behold this person is there.

He comes up to me after dinner and hands me this book as a gift.

Says to me โ€œIโ€™m not telling you to read it now or whatever. But one day I think, based upon what we talked about, it may be something youโ€™ll get something from down the road.โ€

I looked at it and thanked him and just filed it away in my libraryโ€ฆ never intending to read it.

We all know how life goes from the highs to the fucking 7th circle lows.

Years later, during one of those long lows, for some reason I saw it on my bookshelf and picked it up and started to read itโ€ฆ All I can say is โ€œWowโ€. For some reason a whole city full of steeple church-bells went off and I couldnโ€™t put it down.

It affected me on a personal level that few other books have.

Itโ€™s a story that each person can get something out of on their own. Itโ€™s not preachy (hate that shit). Itโ€™s not self-help-y (REALLY hate that shit). Itโ€™s a short-ish story.

Iโ€™ve read it probably a hundred times over the years and have given it as gifts to people I care about since then.

Youโ€™d be surprised the people who contacted me later in life to let me know how it affected them as well.

So I drop this here for my fellow online warriors :crossed_swords: to do with what you will :wink:

:+1:

8 Likes

It looks like your tiger and bear are masters on tax evasion.
Lol.

3 Likes

Haha congrats! Verified. Welcome to the club :cocktail:

2 Likes

Oh, thank you.
Yes, iโ€™ve asked for verifications, as u know, there are always copycats around.

So, I contacted my friend at InstagramTOS and he gave me the badge, as im a good boy and donโ€™t use automations.

1 Like

Many years ago I read this book. It is a great read and you can finish it within 2 hours.

The reason I mention it here is the story of lazy mice and always searching for new cheese mice fits so perfectly into the IM world.

3 Likes

The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
A book on how to work more efficiently.

Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies Recommended by me and my dear Elon Musk :innocent:

1 Like

https://books.google.com/books?id=H8k4JLZu6AsC&pg=PP1&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Law_of_Success.html?id=psSHhBQ1GBIC&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

2 Likes

Manโ€™s search for meaningโ€ฆ is giving me goose bumps. Frankl really had a mission and went full in. What a great luck that he had survived. Such an icon!!!

Have you read anything from the stoics? Similar to Frankl just 2000 years older.

1 Like

nope. never even heard of it.

For a guy like you (a yedi) stoics are a MUST READ. --> Letters from a Stoic (Penguin Classics)

Or if you want it in a much better digestible wayโ€ฆ try โ€œThe obstacle is the wayโ€ from Ryan Holiday

Tim Ferris also has a bit about stoicism.

1 Like

When I get home I will check them out thank you.

1 Like