[RELEASE] IGTV Monetization is OFFICIALLY COMING!

“Starting next week, we are introducing ads in IGTV, our long-form video destination. IGTV ads will initially appear when people click to watch IGTV videos from previews in their feed. The video ads will be built for mobile and up to 15 seconds long. We’ll test various experiences within IGTV ads throughout the year - such as the ability to skip an ad - to make sure the final result works well for people, creators and advertisers.”

Instagram will share revenue from IGTV ads with creators, which will provide more impetus for them to create more IGTV content. In initial testing, creators received a 55% share of all ads in IGTV content, which is the same rate as YouTube offers.

Two thoughts, feel free to chime in:

1. Great time to have an Instagram Account & a brand as this expands the pool for creators or IGTV posters to generate revenue. This alone will increase the premium on high follower & engaged accounts in the account buying & trading market. If anyone still services growth services, this is now a legitimate selling point to potential clients, since they can make it back in ad-rev share.

2. This release coincides very closely with the recent rise in the infinite verification loop victims. Obviously IG has planned on this for a long time, and again wants to ensure all the rev is generated through their tools & not some leg up by someone who bought an account with high reach. In the same breath of the account value increasing, we see Instagram now put a higher priority in ensuring account ownership remains with its [intended] original owner with this verification loop (talk about that more here).

What do you guys think about this move?

Is the platform ready to capitalize on this?

Do you think this’ll inspire people to watch more IGTV content?

3 Likes

I honestly just thought about igtv!
inspires watch more igtv I doubt about it,
encourages creators make more igtv content, Mos definitely

That’s sounds great. I think that now IG is going to be much more strict with newly created accounts

1 Like

things are gonna be different for sure, I hope they will upgrade igtv algorithm, its the hardest part on ig by far by mine experience

totally agree

1 Like

That’s a great move from IG, I heard they will also allow reels monetization. Creators will surely feel motivated to create more interesting contents for their audience. I’m curious to know what requirements our accounts need to meet in order to enable the monetization feature.

1 Like

They created reels instantly after tiktok was banned but they are trying to introduce ads from last year and still not implemented. This post is from 2020.

I didn’t see even one ad on IGTV yet