Sending Fake Followers to an Instagram Account

Hi guys,

I am managing a beauty account for a company, and recently I have had about +200 followers in a few minutes, I think one of our competitors is sending us fake followers. Do you know if there is a way to assess that ?

Thank you

1 Like

So you are not using some sort of software or purchasing any services for growing your account?

No, we are doing everything organically, not using any third pary apps. Only instagram and facebook ads.

1 Like

Happened to me. Someone bought me roughly 20000 fake followers. Don’t know what they were trying to achieve by this but it permanently destroyed my reach. Two years down the line my posts reach nobody.

3 Likes

WHat kind of account do you have ? Did you delete them ? thanks

1 Like

I tried. They drip fed over months and I eventually just gave up.

1 Like

@embraceone

you already answered yourself

don’t share your accounts with anyone, especially on this community.

3 Likes

Whoever did that is exceedingly and shockingly petty. Sorry that happened to you guys @embraceone @fati

2 Likes

Make your account private for a while to avoid that person to keep damaging your profile. Now see if your reach is hit. But notice having a private account will normally have a lower reach than a public profile. I am talking about a huge drop in ER. If so, report this to instagram. Note the date and and time if possible. The next thing you can do is hope that they will take action. I have seen it happen before, not on my own profile but a buddy of mine. And they fixed his reach again.
They will normally get back to you and ask a few questions.
And if you don’t hear from IG and account reach is limited, you can only hope for better days. The. Damage can be permanent.

1 Like

So bascily, any idiot with 100$ can get 20k fake followers and destroy any account?
What can we do about it?

1 Like

If you are offering a paid service, I would suggest opening a thread on the Public Marketplace

If you are offering it for free, I suggest making a regular thread for everyone - it will make you look less shady.

Sales without a sales thread are against the Forum Rules & Guidelines

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

A lot of accounts buy themselves fake followers, but their reach don’t seem to be affected that badly. I wonder what makes it different.

1 Like

I was talking about this with a friend a couple weeks back. It is entirely possible for someone to drip feed fake followers into your account to deliberately mess with the reach of the account and inflicting permanent damage. All you need to know about an account it the username so you can add fake followers, which is very scare because any competitor could do this to the other accounts in the market. How would Instagram fix this and how would they know the source of the accounts?

2 Likes

This is in fact very scary.

2 Likes

Instagram won’t put a single cent for an issue of this nature. Probably they are laughing loud.
Anyway do not worry much, happened to us several times and we recovered always.
I know the feeling, seems unfair, but think about traditional ads they are super aggresive and they attack with no mercy.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story too, how did you recover ? Did you delete all the accounts ? THank you so much for your help

Just make your account private and you will be fine. Keep it 1 month or so and see afterwards. If still happens maybe do a re-branding so the competitor don’t find you. Yes, it’a a hardcore method but nevertheless if it’s working then, why not?

1 Like

Hi,

It is complicated to keep it private as we are verified, and it is a business account. But it has been a week now and i keep getting fake followers, I had like + 4K in a day which isn’t normal. I wrote to instagram but i believe they will do nothing. Is there any app that can help me get rid of them ? Thank you for your help.

You can get rid of them with softwares like Jarvee but I wouldn’t recommend going over 10k of block or unfollow actions during two consecutive months.

Hi, Thank you for your help. Then instagram would block me right ? Thanks. Is Jarvee a third party app approved by instagram ? Thank you so much for your help guys.