Since we have a lot of new people on the forum lately and everyone wants to bring to the forum the same things they’re used to from other places, I though it high time we make the Guidelines and Rules of MPSocial a little more clear.
Now, here are the rest of the rules to follow, so everyone has a good time and we maintain a clean and good place for everyone to learn.
- No sharing of someone else’s courses - there are many places you can get these from that also keep them up to date. The only exception to this is if you are the creator of the course and want to share it with the community. First time
- No sharing of pirated software, books, courses If you didn’t create it, it’s not yours to share.
- No copy-pasting content from other places. You are not allowed to take an article or a piece of information that someone else created and paste it on the forum. If you want to participate in the discussion and share with the community use your own words.
- You are not allowed to funnel traffic outside of the forum in any way: do not create facebook groups, telegram groups, skype groups or any other kind of groups do not ask people for their emails or gather their information in any way.
- You are only allowed to sell your service in your thread if you have one. You are not allowed to sell your service as a reply to someone’s question or via PM. These are considered infractions and will lead to your service thread being removed and your account will be banned. This forum is meant to be a place to learn and share knowledge first, the marketplace is secondary and can be removed completely, for now it is only paused. Once exception here - if someone is looking for a service like yours only in the “Want to Buy & Looking For LVL2” section, you are allowed to post and mention your service and how you can help.
- Post count inflation is prohibited - there is no reason to post “thank you” or any other 2-3 words post just to show you’ve been there. If you genuinely want to thank someone for a post there is a “thank you button” in the form of a heart, use it. Reply if you genuinely have something to add to the post that helps the community.
- No domain names or misleading names as usernames - The username is not meant to be a promotion tool for yourself. Again, this forum is about learning and sharing knowledge, not a means of promotion.
- No affiliate links are permitted - no such link in any way shape or form.
- Duplicate accounts are not permitted - you are not allowed to create several accounts in order to spam or promote your service or ideas. If caught all account will be banned permanently.
- Do not bump old threads - if it’s been more than 6 months since anyone said anything it’s probably dead and there is no reason to revive it. If you have a question you can PM the OP to ask, if you want to provide an answer, don’t, the OP most definitely doesn’t need it anymore.
- No slinging mud - you are welcome to disagree with anyone and everything, but be respectful. Cursing, name calling, etc should be kept to a minimum. If your post / reply contains nothing more than calling someone out, you are not providing value to the conversation.
I am certain there are other things that can be clarified so this list is not complete yet. I will be adding to it for the coming several weeks until it’s complete and everyone has a set of exact rules to follow in order for us all to have a nice community.
Feel free to add your ideas below on how we can improve MPSocial, we’ll discuss them and if good they will be added to the list.