Sites like Social Upgrade & Social Steeze are now closed

It’s really difficult to modify sistems to adapt this algorithm updates. For this reason some pages was closed now.
With instagram we are trying to walk in the dark.

1 Like

probably and most coders have more than 1 business they operate so for them its nothing to stress about.

1 Like

Companies like those are making tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars a month, I don’t think it was a laziness thing. I think they were part of the network connected to that New Zealand Co (Social Steeze was for sure, I don’t know about the others) - and perhaps in their litigation they needed to cease all Instagram related operations.

1 Like

Did you mean to send another link here?

You are right. Social Upgrade was a company I watched closely for a while as they were spending heavy when Google Ads worked. I researched them and they were a Virginia based company (US). Upon further research they owned 2 or 3 sites that offered fake likes / follows.

They also probably had a million complaints as they didn’t give a shit about customers so maybe they got on the radar that way.

But who knows what’s going on.

1 Like

I included it before, here it is: Buyer Beware: Magic Social, Social Steeze, LikeSocial, Social10x

I sent it in another topic but they got merged :slight_smile:

I thought social upgrade was from Vienna? It said so in their Privacypolicy. It seems a lot of services are going down at the moment…

Nope. Virginia, not Vienna. I was able to look up their corporation and then found other businesses they owned all which were like and follow farms. This does seem like a lot of services are going down. I’m actually quite alarmed for the first time.

1 Like

Yeah, I can only agree. They seem to take a way tougher stance.

Question is: What can they do? Just close your website, keep all current clients, pick a new name & continue what you were doing. Worst case you legally have to register a new business.

If you’re outside the US not sure they can even do anything… Or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Its a difficult question they could still sue you in the country you reside for example germany has a anti-hacking law which could be applied. Also we agreed to the Terms of Service of Facebook with our own accounts so they can sue you over breach of contract. Im not a lawyer but it would be interesting to hear the perspective of one.

Don’t think that an anti-hacking law applies to automation is social media.

Hm, not necessarily. Our clients agreed, not us.

2 Likes

Yeah, its complicated…

I was just repeating the arguments Facebook made in the lawsuit against socialenvy the documents are available on the internet here:

1 Like

I agree with @grummel1 but what I would be more interested in is: What about the clients?
Can they sue you if their account gets deactivited while they are using your service?
Of course you can write it in your TOS but are there already cases? Could not find anything concerning that.

I guess they can - however I wouldnt worry too much about that Instagram nearly all the times reactivates those accounts in a matter of days.

1 Like

to be honest thats something I worry about a lot. Because it’s a lot of money companys put in their Ig with adds and branded content and what they pay me. And of course they will try to go for me even if I state from beginning this might happen.

1 Like

Noone would bother suing over their Instagram account. On top of that, client accounts never get disabled if you use mobile proxies. And if they do, they will always be reactivated within 1-2 days. Don’t worry about it is my advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

These companies were using Facebook and IG ads to promote their services and TechCrunch was keeping track. Then TC reported it to FB and supposedly FB took action after that.

Online blogs keep alerting them about our kinds of services. Last year, a mole from BuzzFeed got into all the facebook groups that ran like/comment engagement pods and reported it to Facebook. Soon after that, all those groups got shut down.

1 Like

thx for the answer. nice to hear that from a pro

1 Like