Step-by-Step Guide to 150k Followers 2020

Thank you for sharing Ethan :pray: and good luck.

Thanks a lot! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Yes, I post all 3 at the same time everyday

Since I only follow the top creators in my niche, I only use their content. From there, I only choose to only repost videos, as they get more engagement compared to images

1 Like

what are you doing other than posting to get followers/increase ER. Automation? Manual?

Currently, i barely run the page anymore. It used to be a way i made money, but now that I run my eCommerce store, its necessary.

If i was running it, i would be receiving a couple of hundred followers a day, but if you really want to increase the follower gain, i would recommend using automation to engage with other accounts (likes/comments/follows) or manually engaging yourself

Would you recommend using any automation during these steps?

Do you mind me asking why you post them all at the same time? It’s not a strategy I’ve seen before (thought that may say more about me than the novelty of the method!)

I would, yes.

The early stages of an account are the most repetitive. I would recommend automation for the following:

• following/unfollowing
  • engagement (commenting/liking)

This can be done until the organic growth is sufficient - usually occurs around 5k. Then you can it is not necessary for automation, but you will always benefit from some extra engagement

The main reason is convenience / time efficiency. I choose the most optimal time, for engagement, to post everyday (around 6-7pm for me). There is no downside to posting at the same time, no drop in engagement. So for me, instead of having to post at 3 different times throughout the day, I can do them all at once. This just saves me a bit of time :smile:

1 Like

Wow! That is definitely worth some testing on my account, especially if you didn’t see a hit to engagement.

Time savings are always welcome :+1:

We have a client doing this for ages, with normal results, I never dared to try with other customer, somehow goes against many things we know about the algo, but, I will give it a try, worse case scenario we archive the posts.

Definitely, I try to save as much time and be as efficient as possible when running these IG accounts. Batch scheduling has definitely saved me the most time

Yeah, I’m sure you’ll get results using this method. The algorithm has really been trying to reduce the automation and use of third-party softwares. But for this method, the key is to not seem too ‘spammy’. Then as long as you’re consistent, the results come relatively quickly

You try to have 3 different captions and hashtags sets?

I’ve never tried that. I use the same caption and hashtag list for all of my posts

Great post. Tell me what about hashtags and shadowban?

Great stuff, thanks for sharing Ethan. Cheers

When Instagram suspects you of using automation/third party software, they’ll give you an action block. Whatever activity you repetitively did (e.g. constantly following) will be blocked (you won’t be able to follow any new people). This block can range from a few days to months. If you are constantly getting these blocks, Instagram will shadowban you. With warning or message, your engagement will slowly drop to the point where your account becomes ‘dead’

I’m not sure what you want to know about the hashtags :smile:

2 Likes

Much appreciated :pray:

Welcome Ethan,

Great guide, even if a bit basic. With Instagram though, as many of us know, the key to good growth is through basic but good activities.