Switching from software to automated mobile phones

Looks legit!
I am surprise your bot still get blocks easily. What you have there was what I thought how an ultimate IG bot should look like. I guess IG have really crack down on bots. Its a miracle Jv still works. They must be doing something extraordinary!

2 Likes

It could be pattern detection. I tried to randomized the actions but maybe not enough? I canā€™t be sure.

Other people have other theories but like I said, writing the code for a bot is not hard, trying to figure out what IG is capable of detecting is the hard part. I can program my bot to do whatever I want but if I donā€™t know how their detection works and all this testing/trying things out in the dark can take infinite amount of time which I donā€™t have especially when Iā€™m on the road.

4 Likes

ya never thought of it being detected via the driver? many vpsā€™s off the start block incoming request from selenium

i have found a way to automate actions on phone but only on the browser

Thatā€™s definitely a possibility too. The thing that makes me suspect pattern recognition is I can unfollow 100+ fine but following usually gets blocked before it hits 50

2 Likes

mmm spending last 2 years on mostly checking what IG is looking for I can tell you that it start from basic google it and going to parts we are not families with. but pattern detection? this is just a myth if your pattern is well randomize and humanized they wonā€™t block you.

edit:
unless you are in Jarvee so they AI the specific software.

1 Like

Patterns are being analyzed for long time in IG/FB, a person, as an example, can follow everyday 50 accounts, unfollow 30, etc, but never will do the actions in the same fashion, never will find the accounts to follow in the same way.
Just do an exercise, try to follow 10 accounts, and write down every single step, then go for a coffee or walk your dog, come back and do 10 more, write down steps.
At the end compare both records and you will see that they are not exactly the same. How accounts were found, how many taps, time between then, how far you scroll on the feed of the account, etc., etc., and etc.

Wellā€¦ we tested all what I just explained, and yesā€¦ no human actions can be detected when are not trying to imitate an human.

We built a logger for the IG app in order to record the interactions, so then we asked people to use the app (F/U, Likes, Comments) and later we did the same actions with a bot.
Resultā€¦We were able to detect the bot, reading the log, and clearly see when the actions were human or bot.

so Henry you know where you have to put your efforts on :wink:

4 Likes

But how can you explain a company that do manual botting ?
They are using 200 links and enter each link and do follow and next link ā€¦
It works.
Each human can be different, just donā€™t relate all your bots - that can see same pattern in same place/ip.