Targeting directly through Jarvee/GMT2 VS. Scraping Users beforehand

I use a private bot.

But @kripke’s method via Jarvee works great…I would suggest going with that especially since it can properly handle result distribution to a lot of accounts simultaneously.

Yup, I guess I don’t have to stick to the limitations of 60 follows/hour then? Since the account is going to be scraping, not following… What limits would you set? :slight_smile:

I don’t set limits. If you’re scraping only I have operations run every 1-2 minutes, 1-1 seconds between follows, daily/maximum limits don’t matter.

The only catch is you need to have your follows per operation be less than your daily/maximum follows.

What I do instead is put a limit on how many records an account can have queued to be able to follow. Depending on the source and speed it’s usually 50-150. Then if that hopper fills up the scraper stops working until the primary accounts have started going through their already scraped names.

2 Likes

Hm ok, I kinda don’t really need an external bot for scraping then right? I can just use 10 accounts for scraping on jarvee instead… What would even be the benefits for the external bot if I may ask? :smiley:
I mean the targeting can’t really get better than the jarvee targeting and it would be more of a hassle having to manually export the scraped+filtered usernames and add them to Jarvee right?

If you stay within Jarvee then you can keep it all automated. Which (to me) is always ideal. Most general scraping bots I find are not as good at it either.

Currently I am using gmt2 for bulk accounts and not jarvee… but I can also export the scraped sources from jarvee no issue, question for me now is if I can find a better scraper or if I should just use jarvee to scrape using multiple accounts…
I thought imristo scraper is supposed to be one of the best isn’t it?
So I am guessing you don’t use jarvee and have your own custom bot?

Imristo Scraper does not seem to be supported/updated anymore. So it’s not really working that great at the moment. It was great in the past.

I use MP and some private tools. There are a few tweaks that would make Jarvee a lot better and user friendly for scraping in bulk using multiple accounts, but that’s another story and something for a feature request thread. Your best bet for now it to use Jarvee or have someone code a custom solution for you.

1 Like

I kind of have a system set up already, I do use imristo scraper (it actually just got a new update, but they removed the important “last media upload” wtf…), but more for general scraping, as it seems to be faster than Jarvee for that. Then I remove duplicates with excel, and then I import the huge list into Jarvee for further filtering.
Now the problem: It is soo slow, it litteraly takes 1-2 hours to filter100-200 users… Is that normal? I kinda don’t think so lol… The only thing I can imagine is that the accounts are getting “api blocked” and therefore are not allowed to do that many api calls, but max of 200/hour… cm’on :frowning:
Any idea?

1 Like

I can get hundreds of accounts an hour. Even throttled 1,000+/hr is easy, typically though it’s closer to 1,500-2,000/hr depending on how crazy the filters are. Of course if you’re referring to 100 results, not just 100 scraped that’s different…but that could just be your filters or more importantly your sources

Are you using a datacenter proxy? If no, perhaps consider doing that. Use a throwaway IG account on the cheapest DC proxy you can find that isn’t permabanned by IG. I get much faster results that way then running it through mobile or raw-mobile (haven’t tried on residential)

2 Likes

Yeah I was referring to results, still, only 100/hour is nothing, I would need 1 scraper-account for 5 accounts… I noticed it is 5x faster without using blacklisted words, maybe using that filter on the actual following account later on might be better? What do you think :smiley:
As of proxies I am using ipv6, and just random accounts. Why should a mobile proxy be slower though? I know it doesn’t make sense to use it for this task, and I don’t, but in terms of speed, shouldn’t it be the same?

Thats odd, I think I’ve had that update for ages now. My last update is from November 2018, can you check if you got the same ones?

LATEST%20UPDATE

Well it’s always been quite slow to filter with one account logged in, progressively slower as IG cracked down over time. I use around 50 accounts in there at the moment. For Scraping it goes amazingly fast, about 20 k per minute, so that’s what I use it for when I use it, just pulling in usernames en mass.

But when I try the filtering with keywords, lately it goes through around 1K per minute at first and then slowly decreases in speed till it reaches zero after like 5-10 minutes. So that’s not great. Thing is the same accounts and proxies work fine for me in other scrapers and in MP, so I dunno.

Mobile proxies are not the best for scraping due to their high latency and relative cost. Just reading data from IG does not need any special quality, as long as you can log in your account, so datacenter proxies are usually faster as well as cheaper.

@Tacos how many accounts and threads are you using in Imristo? You don’t get the issue where it slows down over time till its stops filtering entirely?

I don’t use Imristo at all. Right now I use a private program for that…in the process of writing one myself that’ll be able to make use of multiple proxies at once for even faster processing.

Oh yeah lol, I have the same one, just got version 1.1.1.3 when buying it, so I thought the update message I received was new haha but it’s the same… I texted a little with risto back and forth, he said: “The “last upload” feature is no longer provided by Instagram on the request we are using to obtain the user data, so we removed the option from the app as well. We are exploring some ways to obtain that information again and add it back as soon as possible.”
Super sad, since that is soo important imo…

So you use 50 accs for the same filter? I currently have the scraper running 6 times on the vps, but I guess that is not necessary and I can just add all the accounts to 1 scraper and up the threads-number?
Yeah scraping is super fast for me aswell, so imristo is great for that, but filtering… especially I don’t see the sense in filtering with imristo if “last upload” is not available anymore… I have to filter afterwards with Jarvee anyways for that so…

1 Like

@delagarde @Tacos maybe you can help me with this, otherwise I will just contact Jarvee support, but they always take like 2 days to answer…
I think something there doesn’t work, this is what the dashboard shows:

so theoretically the filtering is working pretty well, but all the supposedly extracted users are just not there, I only got like 100-200 users there on the “extracted users” tab… over 100k users where already scraped since yesterday, but only 100 filtered? Kinda doesn’t make sense… I can’t find anything in the settings…

EDIT: I actually am 100% sure it isn’t working, since I am running the same sources on imristo with same filter-settings to see what filterer is faster (Jarvee 2x faster than imristo)…

• Imristo: 66k scraped, 10k filtered, rest skipped
  • Jarvee: 122k scraped, 100 filtered???, rest?! (really don’t know what Jarvee is doing with the rest of the filtered accs, but they are not in the “extracted users”…

Do you have it in extracted users automatically set to be redistributed to other accounts? If so I believe you’ll see something that indicates how many records ahve gone to each account but no details in the extracted users table specifically

1 Like

No I haven’t since I want to scrape them for another bot, not for Jarvee
this is super weird I guess Imma just contact Jarvee, don’t think it’s in the settings, but a bug…

this is how it looks:

My only other thought is you’ve scrapped the users before and they’re being scrubbed because they’re already in the history…have you tried doing a reset scrape history?

2 Likes

Nah it can’t be since I am using “follow specific users” with over 100k individual usernames… Imma just contact Jarvee i guess, but thank you for your help with all the questions I had :slight_smile:

This may sound like a dumb question but has it removed the followers from your source list after scraping? Ie I’m assuming you don’t have “Do not remove user from the list after follow” from the follow source checked off

Otherwise it’ll just keep rescraping the same names, especially if you’re picking them in order.

Haha yeah that would be dumb… But no I don’t have that checked :slight_smile:

1 Like