The IG Master Tip Thread

Yeah man! I’m definitely not joining tik tok though. Ever!

I set up cold calls etc from different social media accounts that link to my website. Definitely prefer IG but am ready if it hits it’s demise.

1 Like

I know, there is an end to something sometimes…

1 Like

Can you elaborate? @DearMishuDad

I’m an all IG man but I wouldn’t necessarily limit my knowledge to just Instagram, at the very minimum I’d make sure I had connections with people crushing TikTok so that if a client ever arises or even a need I can go to that person.

2 Likes

Oh true. I have a few friends that are great at it, just not my kind of thing lol. Doesn’t seem like a good platform to make money on. I’m in the fitness niche and don’t want to be half naked or dancing the whole time to appease people lol

1 Like

Read a lot in forums like these, take enough time to do tasks

don’t do too much at once

Don’t burn out, it’s a marathon

2 Likes

Totally agree!

For an agency, start outsourcing services. It’s hard to find good people to fulfill but it’s best to get an early start. I wish I had started doing so earlier!

1 Like

I tried getting someone to do stuff on freelancer, seems like everyone on there wants to do more than you tell them to do. Quite frustrating I found.

Great tip though, not at agency level yet. But it is in my mind for the future.

Here’s a few from me (after running my own show for 2years+):

1. Under promise and over deliver :slight_smile: or promise just enough for the client to get them hooked. They will be over the moon when they see better than expected results.
  2. ALWAYS be there when the client wants to talk to you, even better, proactively reach out and ask how they feel things are going. When things go wrong, hiding and avoiding conversations seems like the right approach but it wouldn’t be further from the truth. Trust is everything in business, if your client will trust you they will pay you.
  3. Take ownership and responsibility, that ties into the trust part a lot.
  4. Don’t even consider starting full time if you’re in it for the money. It’s too much headache. You have to enjoy what you do or you’ll hate your life, haha.
4 Likes

Good points @BruceSilduk Although I would just add that you can’t always only do what you love, but at least like the idea in general :smiley: Maybe you will fell in love during the process, or you will become good at it and then you’ll love it :smiley:

1 Like

Hm, I didn’t say you have to love what you do, although I see how you may interpret it that way - too many gurus say you MUST love what you do hehe :stuck_out_tongue: There just needs to be a level of enjoyment/fun in it, otherwise it has the potential to become a nightmare when things go wrong.

I don’t particularly want to open this philosophical can of worms as this could be debated on for hours. But in short, I don’t think you can love anything you do for a living. I’ll leave it at that, hehe.

2 Likes

Good idea… Thanks

I think this sort of stuff creates stepping stones they help you find what you love. Whether it be in the business of social media or something you think of along the way.

Ie.
I started growing a fitness account about 6 years ago. Got it to 10k, then got shadow banned and blocked so I quit.

Came back to Ig, tried growing a self development page and then adding a comic book influence. This actually made me enjoy comic stuff more and grew a following.
Got it to 150k followers with no automation.

Now, I’m learning m/s and trying to build a fitness account from scratch in order to then help grow other fitness accounts.

Its definitely a love hate relationship. Especially the battle between jarvee and IG. New IG settings means potential issues on Jarvee.

But in the end the passion keeps you going. Great tip!

2 Likes

I got your point and I agree, there has to be some “fire” in you when doing this stuff and desire succeed :slight_smile:

1 Like