Using your home IP as a residential proxy with a Raspbery

Well it’s strange, can’t help you. I have absolutely no issue with my residential proxy.

Would you like to share how you set your residential proxy, like what hardware you use, various connections with components and the setting for the proxy?
Will be really helpful and appreciated!
Thanks.

great job mate. thank you

I’m in the process of scaling and trying to bring the setup to perfection (efficiency, stability and security wise). I set the first iteration up by myself gathering info on internet and with the help of many coffees. I’m now helped by a network engineer that will help me scaling this and making the setup flawless. So i’ll ask my buddy to do a full tutorial when we actually know how to run a multi connection and perfect setup.

5 Likes

Hi, thanks for the answers.
Would you like to post the tutorial here when it’s all done? It can be very helpful for everybody! Thanks man!

1 Like

Thank you!
Please update the results when everything is at working setup

Hello guys

Did you find a solution for 3G proxy?

If you get to the point where you want to punch a wall, consider hiring a linux expert on FIVERR. I paid like $10 for a guy to setup squidproxy…

1 Like

Thanks for the guide :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @dimitri, great guide! I have been wondering on how to do a setup like this, with multiple 3g dongles for weeks now and i’m just getting headcache out of it.
I would love if you can explain more on how did you set this up, how did you make to connect that much sticks, and how to assign them on different proxy, how do you let them reset without losing access to them each time.
Thanks in advance!!

I’m interested in the same thing as what @Broked discribed. One stick okay but multiple 3g dongles how to do that… :laughing: do i have to use nano /etc/3proxy/3proxy.cfg ?

I received today my raspberry and tommorow the 3g dongle + i bought the same simcard unlimited internet with 128kb as u @dimitri :laughing: i readed you have managed 5 accounts per dongle but after testing what was you max?

Dankjewel!

1 Like

I found an article about install 3proxy and 3g dongles here
https://www.huuphan.com/2018/11/how-to-install-3proxy-on-centos-7.html

1 Like

3proxy and windows for massplanner and proxy sever - should i use sandboxie etc then to work ok? I read that on windows there is problem to run many modems… or maybe it will be the best option - windows with massplanner and on the same machine virtualbox with for example centos and 3proxy https://www.huuphan.com/2018/11/how-to-install-3proxy-on-centos-7.html which will handle many modems connected by hub. Will it work?

I am planning to do the same setup as you. Is the modem plug n play, I mean no need to set up anything inside the respbery pi?

Thanks for the guide, awesome piece of work.

The modem itself is plug and play and works fine. But if you plan to use multiple modems, the plug & play can cause serious headache.
I havn’t finished this by myself. I called an old friend who’ve helped me configure this stuff.
Special Thanks to @dimitri, @mindeswx & @Digital7Boy for their time and help :point_up::heart:

2 Likes

It is really n play, You don’t need to set up anything inside the respbery pi

The best way, what I could think of to get private elite proxies would be the following:

Get a Orange Pi + 20cm Ethernet Cable + small micro sd cards (24$+shipping evtl.)
Have a script ready, that installs the right software automatically and you can insert your email there, so when the proxy is ready to roll, it just sends you the username and passwort, maybe dyndns.
Basically a pure lightweight linux and only things necessary for proxy. Autorun everything.
Even better a file to run from micro sd card (copy to them using your main pc with prepared files), so when it’s powered it does everything by itself.

Then you just go to friends and family members and plug n play this setup.
Just wrap it an a carton-paper and you are good to go.
So it basically adapts automatically to an router, gets power from it (most of them have usb port by now)
And it connects to internet and sends you your proxy.

Orange PI + usb power (20,50$)

20cm Ethernet Cable (1,20$)

8GB micro-sd Card (2,80$)

So basically whats left, is someone who can make a proper script to realize this!
I would buy the script as well :wink:

this would be the real deal!

Who is the linux programmer, who can do this? JUST DO IT :wink:
Let him know this and ask, if he could do it, if you know him :slight_smile:
He could sell us the proper script for 20$ or something!

Get rich :wink:
Best regards
Testo

1 Like

Doubtful this is possible without being able to enable port forwarding on every router you plug into, which requires technical knowledge by the people you give it to or access to each router’s admin panel by you during setting it up. Many ISP provided routers don’t even give you access to them, which will prevent it even further assuming you could plug it in in a family members home.

It’s great in theory, but there are technical limitations that require physical access and lots of trust, it’s not a plug and play solution because of this. Maybe reverse SSH tunneling and dynamic hostnames are a way around that, but it’s pretty much not going to work without full control.

But, if these things are both possible with a script, then maybe it would be possible, though I still doubt it.

2 Likes