Waste of time, i didn't do it. Do you?

A back up. I am the luckiest guy on earth today:)

I never made any good backup. And last night we had a couple of guys that tried to steal all computers at our office…my computer with my software on it was not affected…but imagen it was gone…no backup…nothing…

So guys, if you dont have it. Do it today!

http://www.ad.nl/gouda/goudse-politie-pakt-inbrekers-op-heterdaad~a6240103/

7 Likes

Does this news website also has a “proper” language? :joy: Like german? caugh

6 Likes

The only german i know is

Alles hat ein Ende nur die Wurst hat zwei

5 Likes

Damn, going now and creating backups. :joy:

1 Like

Beats mine:

Ach du Scheiße

1 Like

@dma0245 i will do it today😬

Normally i do 1x per week back up on 2 usbs.

If i lose 1 i have always 2th usb😬

2 Likes

https://mpsocial.com/t/guide-level-2-backup-mp-to-the-new-google-drive/21035

1 Like

I don’t like the idea to save it online😬 @wortime

3 Likes

Backing up online and backing up a physical is best.

3 Likes

Are these your things on the photo ? You are really lucky!

1 Like

Yes its ours.

2 Likes

Since when is German a " proper " language?

4 Likes

they went full rampage on your office :frowning:

3 Likes

They seem to have stolen the Piccasso,only the frame is left.

3 Likes

And I always thought that hiding valuable things behind administration papers and maps was an excellent thing to do :flushed:

2 Likes

Btw if you have usbs it’s better to have this kind of things. They won’t steal toys…

7 Likes

The best and easiest way to backup a simple system (if you’re in business, get pro help) is- Install ‘Fbackup’ (free) and ‘Macrium Reflect’ (free), fit a 3, 5, 10 TB HDD (a good guide is 10x your C: drive size). With Fbackup you can BU any files or folders scheduled 1,3,10x a day if you want onto your BU HDD. Same for Macrium Reflect, do an ‘Image’ of your C: drive 1, 3 or 7 days a week.
If ever your system goes down or you loose files, its all on that BU HDD and reinstalled in minutes. If you’re worried about actually loosing the PC (stolen), then use an ‘External HDD’ and have it hidden, away from the PC. Thieves will rip out all cords (including the HDD USB) and never suspect a drive that’s out of sight, as they make their fast getaway.
If you do not backup your PC with an independent drive, you’re asking for disaster eventually in terms of equipment failure, malware or theft.

2 Likes

I have a quick question. How many backups would you consider to be enough? Because if you’re worried about your information getting lost, wouldn’t it be better to have multiple backups?

Now i backup mp every 3 days. And when i add accs i make an simple excel export with all login details. Online cloud backup for me now:)

2 Likes

So would you consider the cloud to be the best form of backup?