What IG Data is useful for?

I was wandering what the data (comments, #likes , # of posts, followers, followings…) of an IG account can be useful for?

The reason I am asking is because I am currently scraping some particular data/fields for 1000s of IG accounts for a client and I notice there are tons more data that can be scraped at the same time. So I would love to know how I can exploit or make better use of these extra data.

Thanks

What sort of context are we talking about here? For your own account or looking at other people?

From a growing statistic these are the most important (on my personal relevance order):

1. Engagement ratio ( basically all the data of ig )
  2. Followers and followings number
  3. Private or not
  4. Picture or not
  5. Male and female account
  6. Business or not

Typically used to find out if the account is real user or not. Can also be used to filter out negative keywords.

what would be this data useful for?

My competitor account or any other account

These data points could be theoretically used to do an analysis to know what kind of content has a good amount of engagement and what doesn’t

is engagement going to bring sales or just exposure?

Follow/unfollow automation, but depends of the niche or specific requirements of the costumer.

I think that depends on the type of your content. If there’s high engagement on your promotional posts, etc. that might signal a high probability of getting you sales.

Instagram gives you the opportunity to learn more about your audience and reach them very easily. Imagery, whether pictures or videos, always travel further online especially through social networks than the written word as images offer visual stimulation and capture the imagination of people more than text.

It’s useful for market research. if you are looking to know specific statistics in a niche / anything else.

1. Upload your post daily
  2. Make unique and attractive shorts
  3. Go live with your audience
  4. Increase your followers