Let me start this guide with a few questions :
###Do you like this forum? Find it useful? And most importantly would you like to keep it like this?
Than be mindful to the community, it’s quite simple!
Let’s start with a few basic Q&A:
Have you searched for the answer to your question?
- NO? Then Do a search first!
- YES? That’s good, but :
Have you searched using more than 1 keyword?
- NO? Try and do that, different people word their questions differently, so you might not find it at first try.
- YES? That’s better - if you still can’t find anything you can proceed with creating your topic.
If you have found some answers, have you tried to implement them?
- NO? Do so first, no need to ask “is this still working”, generally it will take under a few minutes to test something whereas you can wait for hours for an answer - which do you think is better?
- YES? Great! If you still have questions go ahead and ask them.
Did you test first?
- NO? Try and do a test if something is unclear, it’s really not that hard and you can figure it a lot faster than waiting for a reply
- YES? Cool, if you still have something that’s unclear go ahead and ask
Is this a support question?
- NO? Then feel free to ask the community
- YES? Email support, this is not a support forum and the community can’t help with bugs and other issues like that.
If you opened a topic did you provide enough information?
- NO? You’re wasting everyone’s time! Don’t open a thread. “My account got a PV, what should I do? Newb here.” - not really a question anyone can or wants to answer. Also anything along the lines of " instagram like problem, it doesn’t work" is quite useless, no one can guess what you’re thinking!
- YES? Great, you have a high chance of getting help from our community!
###Here are a few guidelines of creating a new topic that you should consider
- when creating new topics place them in the right category
- when creating new topics make sure the title is highly descriptive of your problem/issue/discussion/idea. This will ensure people that know how to help with that issue see it fast and also people that have the same issue in the future find the solution without making another topic.
- search before creating a new topic, we’ve already discussed about so many things, if something was already discussed post in the topic instead of creating a new one
- if you like what someone said in a topic use the like function (it’s the red heart symbol underneath each post)
- if you like what someone said don’t stress them with personal messages, unless someone expressly asked for it don’t do it. Their time is as valuable as yours and having to respond to hundreds of private messages is not fun, it’s a community after all, share it with the community.
- be nice and polite, no one is paid to post on the forum it’s all done because we all share a common goal in this social media jungle and want to achieve it. So if someone takes it out of their daily time to reply to your post the least you can do is be nice!
Now, the little elephant in the room
###Choosing the right category
A little rant first:
Believe it or not, I spend a lot of time each day moving topics ( and posts for that matter) around the forum, in an effort to keep everything organized so everyone can find all the information as easy as possible.
I understand you’re always thinking of Instagram ( for example) but if you talk about proxies that topic belongs to the “tools of the trade” category not “Instagram” .
I’ve moved topics around from both new and old members of the forum so I thought it’s high time to make a detailed explanation of what belongs where
Rant over …
The forum has certain main categories and some sub-categories, I’ll take them one by one:
- The #instagram-marketing category is for any topic related to Instagram marketing(if you’re also talking about mass planner then your topic should not be here but in the below category)
- The #instagram-marketing:mp-ig-community-help is for all questions related to the Mass Planner software and the instagram platform ( not for help with Instagram in general )
- The #instagram-marketing:instagram-tutorials-guides is specifically for IG guides created by our members, if you don’t share a guide you should not be posting here .
- #tools-of-the-trade - for talk about any tools related to our day to day activities, proxies, sims, hosting and so on.
- #tools-of-the-trade:affiliate-cpa - exactly what it says. If you questions is about CPA or Affiliate related it should be here, regardless if you’re going to achieve this with Ig or any other platform!
- #tools-of-the-trade:e-commerce - like the above, if you’re talking e-comerce talk here, no matter you’re doing it with 100 IG accounts or pinterest or anything else.
- #the-free-for-all-lounge is for anything else that doesn’t have an exact category in this forum. If you think that what you want to talk about has no place anywhere else put it here.
- #the-free-for-all-lounge:introductions - new to the forum? You can say “Hi” to the community here!
- #the-free-for-all-lounge:social-media-news quite self explanatory, anything new and interesting about social media should go here.
- #marketplace - this is a special category, with special rules. You are only allowed to post here once you are lvl3 and meet the guidelines . If you see anyone posting here and the topic is not approved by @Adnan you can report that topic instantly.
- #marketplace:wtb-looking-for if you’re looking to buy something, need some help with setting something up you can post here.
- #facebook-marketing - everything about facebook marketing in general, ideas, questions, tactics and so on ( If your topic is about mass planner on the facebook platform it should not be here but in the category below)
- #facebook-marketing:mp-fb-community-help - the category where you can ask anything about mass planner the software and the facebook platform, issues, settings, optimization ideas and so on ( if it’s not about MP it should not be here)
- #mass-planner-settings-tips-and-tricks - this is a category where we share guides about Mass Planner in general, if you post is not an actual guide on how to achieve something with the P software your topic should not be here.
- #mass-planner-settings-tips-and-tricks:general-mp-community-help - this is for general MP issues, if you have any problems/questions about the MP software itself you can post it here. This is not a support forum so don’t expect instant support, but the community knows a thing or two about MP so they might lend a hand.
- #mass-planner-settings-tips-and-tricks:mp-feature-requests - you can request a new feature here, make sure to read the guidelines first to know how to request it properly. Also ideally you should also send a ticket to support about your feature request.
- #site-feedback - this relates to the MPSocial forum only, if you have anything to say about it, improvement ideas, rants and stuff like that. It’s also the place where we add announcements from time to time.
- #twitter-marketing - a category for everything twitter related. Since twitter isn’t as big as it used to be I haven’t created a sub-forum specific for MP issues, so you can talk here about both Twitter marketing and MP related stuff for the Twitter platform.
- #social-media-marketing - everything that is about social media in general and not about a certain platform
- #social-media-marketing:pinterest-marketing - quite self explanatory
- #social-media-marketing:tumblr-marketing - quite self explanatory
- #social-media-marketing:linkedin - quite self explanatory
- #social-media-marketing:google-marketing - quite self explanatory
This is pretty much it. If we’ll add more categories to the forum I’ll also update this list. Hope it wasn’t too much to read, feel free to skip most of it, look at the exact category you want to post your topic to and decide if it should go there on not.
Really hoping this will cut out some of the useless work of moving topics around or I might look at removing the ability to create new topics for lvl 0 and lvl 1 users.