Why does my api keep getting blocked?

so after letting API blocked account rest for 2 days and then starting F/U again the API block was gone. Followed about 25 people the next day with no issue, but then the API block was back the very next day. This account also received the inauthentic activity notification thats been going around about 2 weeks ago that. I recently changed the proxy from SSL data center to 4g Mobile. At this point, Im perplexed how to proceed. I may try letting the account rest for a while or just using Jarvee to view stories for a week or so before trying follow/unfollow again. Curious if anyone who has gotten hit with these recent blocks has figured out a way to get their account trust in good standing again so they can F/U consistently

The latest Jarvee update has a new option to view user’s story after follow,may be an easy way to keep trust score up.

1 Like

Interesting! So you only performed actions through EB? For how long until you moved to api?

No, just don’t forbid to use the EB when checking „do not use EB to follow on Instagram“ in the advanced profile settings.
Keep this unchecked and it should use the EB itself whenever API fails

1 Like

Getting the trust score back can be tricky, some users basically give up their account if the score is low

Basically been battling the same thing for the last couple of weeks. Accounts keep getting “API Failed to follow” for one account. I let it continue watching stories of its followers for a couple of days and today I added a new list of users to follow (not scraped with this account) and it still wont follow without getting the api message. I think this might be one of the accounts @Doozy is talking about. Is it worth spending extra time babying the account to get its trust score back up or do you say fuck it and make a similar account and start again? that’s what I think I’m going to do becuase this babying stuff takes up too much time.

@nomad have you started trying to follow again since last update? any change?

2 Likes

not yet, just having the account view stories for now. Im going to rest it for 15 days before I start trying to follow again

I don’t have any experience nursing accounts back to health sadly. I’ve been spending a lot of time doing research and going slow so I’ve had no problems so far. But I do have the impression some of the pros don’t bother, it all depends on how unhealthy the account is, etc.

when it costs cents to buy another account, some people dont bother trying to get accounts back in good standing they just churn and burn them. I’m not spamming THAT much so I want to save these accounts lol. shit sucks though

OP im going to throw my 2 cents in.

I think its the accounts.

2 Likes

one of the accounts i have with this issue is a client account. I grew it from scratch using conservative settings. This was the first account i started experimenting with (it’s my Dad’s account, so not a real client)

As this was my first account, I was initially just running it off of my greencloud vps ip. I eventually switched it to a SSL datacenter proxy. After i started getting API blocks and follow blocks, I switched to 4g mobile, which i now use for everything. So it could just be a proxie issue. Hoping I can get it back to a healthy status. In addition to letting it rest for 15 days and having Jarvee just view stories, I am also having my Dad create and link an associated FB. Hoping all of this will bring it back to health!