Why does my api keep getting blocked?

Search keywords for inauthentic activity, remove followers etc. There are several.

1 Like

Thank you, asked about this in another thread, exactly the answer I needed :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, we had 20-30 clients receive that notification, and that’s what I thought the client today was experiencing, but when I asked her if that was the message she received she said no and then sent us the message I copied and pasted above about working with a company that produces follows for her, and she said that the notification said to change password or her account would be taken down. Now 99% of clients lie to us all the time, but that message concerned me and it came at a time when IG is flipping the script on us.
As for the inauthentic activity notification, some clients changed their password but some didn’t and so far so good with no issues.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Start with what @ian recommended, after a days rest. I think thats the real issue more than anything.

1 Like

I never thought about it like that and now that you’ve worded it out that definitely makes a lot sense. I really appreciate the advice Ian

1 Like

But I’m using an extention to block WebRTC leak when creating accounts, that shouldn’t lower trust score right?

Majority of people that report problems to me on fresh accounts, made them themself. Not saying that is the issue in this case, but might poke a thought process.

2 Likes

This is debatable and everyone will tell you something different. If IG knows you are blocking data they want, you can have a lowered trust score. By default, since you made it with browser instead of the app, your account will have a lower trust score (in theory).

2 Likes

API follow blocks everywhere yesterday and today, an ongoing issue.

Some accounts being fed followers from scrape accounts, some searching directly.
some DC proxies, some real residential proxy
some with rest timers, some without
some with night mode, some 24hrs operation
some older accounts some new.
Some using heavy filtering, some very light.
Some accounts business, some not.
Some accounts used regularly on a mobile phone, some not.
Some using likes (very small) and some not at all.

All are growing accounts <1000 followers
All are F/U at the same time
There is a pattern with blocks that they frequently kick in first thing, so the first follow that day gets blocked. This leads me to believe that the blocking is done non-real time, probably calculated and implemented at midnight by IG, based on trust and recent activity.

Bigger accounts (same age) have no issues at all and have never seen a single API block.

4 Likes

interesting that it’s only happening for accounts under 1000 followers for you.

are you using mobile proxies at all and if so, no API blocks on these?

how many actions per hour on the effected accounts?

1 Like

I had the same thing with new accounts, while aged accounts didn’t see a single API Block.
I used the EB and after a while this issue disappeared for new accounts by itself.

Really seemed as those new accounts are allowed a lower number of API calls and that this number raises after automating for a while.

1 Like

No mobile proxies, will upgrade when I get to level 2 :slight_smile:

Actions vary from <100 to >400 per day, growing very slowly.

1 Like

do you know what the range in actions per hour, not actions per day, is for the effected accounts?

also, how are you not at level 2 with your current forum stats?

1 Like

Actions per hour vary from 20 to 50 total F/U, always using max per hour settings.
I really spread the actions out over the full time to see if that helps but sadly not.

I don’t talk enough! Which is funny because in person I talk too much. Need more post replies.

2 Likes

godspeed! on my way as well

and thanks for all the details. hopefully we can figure out some patterns and determine what the new “safe” settings will look like

1 Like

My suspicion is that it’s just not possible to grow small accounts on DC or residential proxies any more but I would love to be proven wrong.

one thing you can try is separating your following and your unfollowing to occur during different blocks of time

i have heard a lot of people recommend this so that’s the way I have always done it

1 Like

Can you post your settings please or send them via DM?

1 Like

Will DM when I’m not mobile.
Thanks

1 Like