Why IM is the only field where courses,books,youtube... Are useless?

I have always wondered why many people on forums tell that courses are useless and if you want result everything is on forums i 100% agree on that but doea that mean it’s for every course on internet marketing or just some of them if it’s just some of them how we can differenciate between them ?

Also for others topic like psychology, training… Is it applied here too or just on the IM field?

Here’s my opinion: with courses you feel like you are doing something, even though you are just being passive and watching something that won’t be 100% applicable to what you need. When yiu watch couple of videos you get filled with that emotion of satisfation like you have done something valuable and call it a day. But in realty, you’ve spent another day where you could’ve tried something yourself.

The only true learning method through which you can see success is experience. You will have to try whatever you need and seek for help on the things you get stuck. You need to try and fail then try again. That’s how you learn and get closer to your goals.

3 Likes

90% are, 10% definitely aren’t.

Courses from random YouTube gurus who haven’t shown that they actually know what they’re talking about are always garbage. Courses from non-gurus, however, who actually do what they teach and have been for multiple years are typically not too bad.

Courses might be useful for starters. We learn more and advanced techniques and methods just here in the forum, by sharing experiences, case studies, etc. You won’t get that in an eBook or course as they are more oriented for starters. So, back then about 4 years ago all the courses were useful for me to understand about Instagram. Now they are useless for me. I would actually pay money (good money) for a course or an ebook that would be written by advanced user and the information that is not being shared or copy-pasted from youtube/internet…

4 Likes

Ok so for you it’s just about the level of knowledge of the seller and how you can know that also how you can know if he will provide you some serious gold stuff or just how to post on instagram lol

Because every experienced guy who knows about Instagram won’t learn something valuable from courses in my honest opinion. I can tell you that I learned more stuff by being active here than all those IG ebooks/courses had information. All those “IG masters” are doing basic stuff and explaining the obvious things, but there are some few courses that may provide you better level of experience/knowledge though. But most of the IG courses are trash… Maybe I am saying “trash” is because I think that I know already a lot about Instagram :smiley:

3 Likes

I 100% agree with you on the fact that forums are milea better than courses but why ? Seriously why there isn’t some courses of real pro marketers like on this forum that do courses even for free? For example if we choose psychology,physics,musculation…any field basically if you go anywhere youtube,blogs…you can find some real high quality content provided not just on forums but why on IM high quality content is only in forum ?

2 Likes

Listen its easy
some people here say “fuck courses get experience” sure fam go spend 1000 dollars in fb ads without knowing why you fucked up.

Watch a course
Then apply what you learnt and try it

Some people just watch course after course without execution, whilst other try and try without ever doing it properly.
You have to mix learning with execution

4 Likes

Did you read what i said in my last message i’ve said that courses are useless too in comparison to forums content but the question is why read my last message then answer me on it

I dont get what you mean.

You ask if courses are useless and I answered lol

Courses are not useless compared to forums, courses are a great way to get started, you have content organized in one place which could have taken hours to find.
Now its up to you to expand on it with forums and experience.

Here is my message

I100% agree with you on the fact that forums are milea better than courses but why ? Seriously why there isn’t some courses of real pro marketers like on this forum that do courses even for free? For example if we choose psychology,physics,musculation…any field basically if you go anywhere youtube,blogs…you can find some real high quality content provided not just on forums but why on IM high quality content is only in forum ?

i bet those courses are copy/past from other marketing forums

most of the courses is just a collection of information from forums/blog websites/youtube videos and presented in a nice way. even a kid can do copy-pasting. so I am skeptical about course content

Yes but please someone answer on this why ? Why IM good information is only in forums not like other fields where good info is everywhere?

for good information - good money. usually people don’t want to say good information since they invested so much time into instagram, testing, etc. it’s hard to explain man

Simple example and you will understand you see a psychologist doing a free webinar on youtube of 3/4 hour explaining some stuff really deep on mindset… And on the other hand in IM you see a logan paul fan telling you to buy his course to know how to create account on instagram for only 2000$ same platform different field but not same quality content …

There are some good ebooks to buy.

I think because IG isnt that complicated tbh, maybe automation etc but the rest is pretty much the same.
Shoutouts, hashtags etc.
And when it comes to automation etc maybe people make so much money that they milk it a bit more before making money on courses etc.

there really is nothing new under the sun regarding growth unless some backdoor exploit known only to a few hackers or exclusive groups – some take what is out on the web and write a guide, some take experience and say ‘you too can grow x in x days’ or ‘make a fortune here’. They are all the same clothes wore on different days and models. you can pay money or learn for free here. your choice.

2 Likes

I think there is always a nugget of good info in most courses. The key is understanding what it is and implementing in a timely manner for it to be worthwhile (which is my prob). FWIW, I don’t buy the expensive courses, if it is under $50 and it is something I am interested in, then I will get it…

The good thing I find about courses is that you definitely get the basics, that many times we miss if we’re just learning by our selves.
So in my opinion, for basic levels, a course is great, if you’re looking for more advanced stuff forums are a great help!