Why new accounts won’t go viral?

So powerviews are not views from higher authority accounts?

We do 6 figure monthly spend with FB/IG on advertising. Our account manager said there is a reason Meme’s and funny videos go viral. Meme’s require time to read, funny videos make you watch it over and over. The amount of time you stay on a post in your feed really does affect your viral score. Also meme’s and funny videos are likely to be shared to other friends way more than serious content that may be very valuable information. Share-a-bility and View-a-bility are the main factors. it is why it dominates our feed.

4 Likes

Are you doing ecomm? Give me a PM if you are :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a hefty ad spend

1 Like

financial services. @luxurycard if you want to see our account.

2 Likes

Very cool my man. I have been on this website before wanting your card… Interesting to see the owner here. ( Or do you just work there? )

Nice one man! How you guys verified your account?

I am curious about accounts that are 3-4 years old, USED to hit explore all the time, and now can only do so with some magical combo of a GREAT photo and reason for people to comment (like a birthday, big announcement, etc). Are there any tricks to this without using power likes? Does IG shut down posts (meaning it would have hit explore but for some reason IG reduced its visibility)?

Any update on that? Did you re-try it on the mentioned acc. respectively some new acc.?

Here is an acc. that was started recently. It is a reposter of beautiful travel pics (HQ):

The amount of likes and comments is for this acc. too high, dont know - could be due to shoutouts, EGs or just due to the good quality. But whatever it is: seems like “newer” accounts can still grow a lot without f/u …

I got two new accounts - one a 3 weeks old, 5.k, 80 %ER the other at 1 week old, 13.6 k 20 %, both had my shoutouts in the first few days. Second will be pushed until 25k and I will stop shouting out and will grow on its own. the first, shoutouts first week…and I stopped. Just liking and some comments. They both prove one thing everybody seems to ignore. IT IS THE CONTENT!!! – no magic formula, post excellent content others will like – not you as the owner and it should go viral!

2 Likes

One of my accounts got 12K views with only 1500 followers:

It’s pretty new the account so I don’t think it’s that the problem.
Maybe the niche or the content…

2 Likes

I had an account with 10.3K followers get 5300+ likes on a photo, no engagement groups, powerlikes, etc. Like @Alexnvo always says, content really is the deciding factor.

2 Likes

above --this one is 3 weeks old, just making sure it gets good content only…for two days i could not like with my network yet still grows on its own. niche is quotes.

above - this one is 10 days old. With the current feed it needs help to grow still. If this was stated earlier this year, I believe it would be 20k by now.
this page I need to get ER up to 60-70 % percent before 25k in order to get it 100k in 6 moths my goal.

both accounts have one thing in common, Content others like, not me — ‘borrowed’ of explore feed.

2 Likes

Awesome figures, Albert :+1: Wow!! May I ask you this:

• are you growing this acc.s without the usage of hashtags nor without f/u, too? You mentioned this approach in the past…
  • What kind of proxies are you using: cheap ones (that might be likely follow- &like-blocked), residential or mobile ones?

Thank you for the info.

BTW, dont know if you have seen this thread already, but if not, I guess with your knowledge you have good chances to win:

1 Like

No f/u anymore. All posting done by phone and all other activities. My proxies I used before are gone as my friend moved and seeking other sources.

1 Like

Hi mate,
wonder if you would take a look at this account i manage and maybe shoot me some tips on the growth. Seems to be kinda slow considering spending everyday on posting and engaging even commenting on nichie related account’s post since day one. But it was never close to gaining much followers or interactions. It is solely hand managed and has been 39 days since it was created at the time of this post.

Whats done:
Account with decent bio/call to action from the basics.
Selection of post are 80% of the time(from what i self judged) non-viral content but really good photo or moments.
Hashtags/Location/Tagging/Caption done. (Due to the Sept algorithm update, i have heard others saying Instagram would like us to be less “spammy” using less hashtags which are more specific. I am now using less than 10 hashtags and experienced the huge decrease in views, likes and comments even before that)
Liking at least one post of those who followed the account.
Replying comments, but not to every single one unless its more than one to three words comment given. But all comments will be liked.

Whats not done:
Account is running solely manually without any kind of bots/automated programs.
No follow/unfollow done so far, only following related accounts which are in the same nichie 80% of the time for engagment.

Looking to grow at a much faster rate. Any help is sincerely appreciated. Thank you very much.

** This is open to all forum members as well, if there is a need please we can go onto a private conversion.

1 Like

first thing I see is your posting 4-5 times a day …reduce it to 3 than in a week let me know.

2 Likes

Noted.
Should I be using follow/unfollow or just keep to doing what I was doing but 3 post per day?

Appreciate the reply. Thank you

Ps: no idea if I’m hijacking TS’s thread. Sorry if I did, should I Pm or start a new?

Keep on follow and unfollow till bigger. Just post less.

2 Likes

Noted.
Even when the people unfollowing(mostly business accounts) is high? I would still be getting really low number of really targeted followers though.

Thank you

PS: sent you a PM