Why old Phone Verifications...? If I have new Phone Nr and Email

Hey :wave:
I am updating my phone nrs on 1yr old accounts and instantly verifying them. So far so good :+1:
BUT-
Less than 24hrs later I am asked to verify the previous old phone nr during login! Which I don’t have access to :roll_eyes:

The accounts have:

• Verified emails on the accounts with IMAP access
  • 4G proxies
  • Only story views and saving posts
  • Changed username/name/bio 2-5 days before
  • API and EB active

Anyone know why IG is asking to verify the old phone nr and not the new one or even the email on the accounts?

:v::pray:

2 options:

• or is not correctly saved
  • or instagram crawlers are detecting ur setup as spam
1 Like

Thanks!
Must be the crawlers, since new phone nr must be saved correctly, because I verified them (real SIM nr).

once u update the nr , go in profile settings/edit profile and check

1 Like

or log out and re-log

1 Like

I usually do :+1:
Do you know why IG asks for phone nr validation and not also email validation option?

wtf! same issue here
It’s asking if I want to receive the message on the old phone number
no way to request message on the new one !!?

1 Like

I currently have this my problem, please let me know if you know a solution …

1 Like

I’ve noticed this. Also on new scraper accounts. After a few days, Instagram will request to reverify email, which has already been verified. If you don’t do it within 24 hours, the account is gone.

1 Like

If it’s the new email that you added and have access to, it’s OK I guess
BUT
If it’s the previous email that you don’t have access to, what can you do?

@Boris turn 2factor on, that forces them to update your current number and yes, you need to keep it turned on

1 Like

Good one, Tux :+1:

Instagram says:
If you can’t access your Instagram account or the email or phone number you signed up with:

1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and enter your last known email address or phone number.
  2. Tap Forgot password? .
  3. Tap Need more help? .
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to submit a support request.

Has this worked for anyone?

Found this:
I no longer have access to my old phone, how do I verify my account?https://mpsocial.com/t/i-no-longer-have-access-to-my-old-phone-how-do-i-verify-my-account/69275/27?u=boris

I have two accounts with the same issue. I’ve not tried to submit a support request yet. Both accounts don’t have access to the support request form after I followed the on-screen IG instructions. But I will try with another account that has Get help signing in status issue and can have access to the form.

1 Like

Keep us updated, we will find a solution :+1:
As long as we have access to the associated email account, there must be a way.

1 Like

Sir did you find any solution?

Hello, the only solution I have found is to save 2 different emails and have access to both, that way if you ask for the previous one I will also have access.

If your account is connected to a FB account, try adding your current phone number on the FB account, wait a few days, then try to verify your IG account again.

Hi Boris, I would like to tell you that I think I am near the solution to this problem but I think
I am lacking some information. I have simulated this problem & got a solution but I think
I am missing something can you please share some information with me. It will help many people.