[METHOD] Alternative Way to Setup Your Scraper Accounts -JARVEE

Checking “Use only API to save bandwidth” won’t really help, as scrapers are already using only API to scrape so no point in that :man_shrugging:

This is actually the main point of this method, if I understood you correctly. You don’t set anything on your scraper account (all tools are off), but you set everything on your main account. So you edit settings on your like tool, for example, check “send users to extracted posts” and it will work. If this is what you are actually asking?

1 Like

So can scrapers support in api calls then for normal account scrapers with settings? @Lordhungry Because you cant access the tools configurations of scraper accounts and not normal old scraping accounts

Not exactly. This method explains it will send those extracted users to “specific” users list, but not sure if it will actually work when “send to extracted user list”. I just want to collect them in the “extracted users” list, nothing else.

Hello guys
Do you face problems with your API scrapers since yesterday?
Mine are locked, requesting PV on creation phone number (which I don’t have)

1 Like

Why old Phone Verifications...? If I have new Phone Nr and Emailhttps://mpsocial.com/t/why-old-phone-verifications-if-i-have-new-phone-nr-and-email/109521

Not exactly but sort of — my main account API calls have skyrocketed /hour and /day. About 10X what it was a few days ago. No settings were changed and max values /day were already reached. Getting more API errors too. Going to slow it down before it gets blocked.

Nope, haven’t noticed anything different in any of mine atm.

API full emulation - keep that unchecked
Optimize api calls - checked
Use only api to save bandwidth - checked

Make sure “use embedded browser only” isn’t checked. Now select all your scapers, and select “re-login accounts”

You’re getting api errors on your main account? If you’re using scapers, and have optimize api calls that shouldn’t be the case.

4 Likes

Thanks for the support. Strange indeed. My scrapers are making 5-8% API calls vs the main account. It’s like the main is not using the slaves at all.
Main acct:
Optimize api calls - checked
API full emulation - checked (maybe this is my problem?)
Use embedded browser only - all unchecked

Rest of settings per OP

Just tried testing without API full emulation, but got an error 0 during re-login.
TBC.

If you’re using api on main account, then yes full api emulation is necessary nowadays… but it shouldn’t be taking you over the top of your normal api calls.

May I ask, which actions are you performing daily on your main account? Have you setup delays incase of error on main? I’ve honestly never had a problem with api calls on main.

If you can check your logs, try to find the error message for the error 0 you got, if you see the message “Please wait a few minutes before you try again.” you should wait 1-2 days before trying to verify your account again.

1 Like

Main acct performs from 4am to 8pm:

• Like ≈ 300/day
  • Follow set at max 120/day
  • Unfollow set at max 120/day

I do have a few filters checked for the Follow settings (9 checked options)
Yes I do have delays set, which were hit early in the day when API calls clocked in at 8,000. I stopped the account completely to figure what’s happening, it was the 2nd day this was happening. At that time, the follow / unfollow counts were at 45 only. I found it strange.

My two scrapers are barely hitting 300 API calls a day.

That was helpful thanks. I thought it was an antivirus related thing (as per Jarvee code) but seems it’s proxy related, huh! I’ve been running this ‘2 scrapers for my main account’ on same home proxy for months, never had an issue other than blocks once in a while when I tried going too aggressive.
Can’t login, but I can run the embedded browser though (?)

UPDATE: I did the antivirus steps (adding Jarvee to exclusions, then running Jarvee updater) and it solved the problem (y)!

2020-06-17 23:08:59.8179 - Login for username:account name
2020-06-17 23:09:20.5505 - failRequest:account name Api call not allowed without a proxy or proxy error(check proxies in Proxy Manager).
2020-06-17 23:09:20.5505 - Error executing an Api Login Operation for account name: code 0 - .
2020-06-17 23:09:20.5655 - Login failed with unknown errorcode:account name

300 likes… 120 follows, 120 unfollows, is alot of actions. Shouldn’t be enough to take you over your limit though.

Me personally I’ve never ran follow and unfollow on the same day, and it’s always worked better than trying to run them on the same day.

1 Like

Will alternate Fol/Unf days to see what happens, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Glad you have fixed it! it seems the antivirus has deleted some important file in your Jarvee folder, so adding the folder to your antivirus exclusion list, then run the updater file to get that missing file helped fix the issue.

1 Like

Hey! Should the scrapers have the tool you want to usr activated? Eg. If you are following on your main, do you start the follow tool in the slave accounts? Or does it just work without.

No, the scraper just has to be valid, and not more, you don’t need to turn on anything.

UPDATE
I keep seeing the same questions get asked over and over again, I’m going to clarify a few things:

1. The scraper account just has to be valid, you don’t need to turn on ANY tool. You can if you want to do actions on the scraper, but it has nothing to do with how the main account will scrape.
  2. You can now import accounts as scraper accounts in JARVEE (you need a licence of 70 users or more to get this enabled). A scraper account will basically be an ig account that does nothing other than scrape. You have no tools on those accounts either, but they don’t count towards your account limit. They will be imported with the tag “Scraper” by default, you can change it though. Make sure to have the same tag name setup in settings be the one the scrapers are tagged with.
  3. The quality of your proxy is a key factor in how long the scraper will live. The cheap ones aren’t going to give you the best results, they will save you money though. So think about what would be cheaper, replacing dead accounts, or paying for better proxies.
  4. The more scrapers you have, the more the api calls get spread out across the accounts.
4 Likes

Good to know. Been using your method for a month or so and saw a post on jarvee saying that it should have follow activated so got me confused. Thanks