Your Ultimate Life Advice

This is very important for me too! We all have to remember that when we work so hard achieving our goals. Did you read “The Power of Now” from Eckhart Tolle? He said the life will be always lived in the present, no matter how much you think about the past or the future. That is so simple and smart at the same time. Nobody can deny that, it’s a fact. @Larsometer also mentioned this book in another thread.

2 Likes

I love Eckhart Tolle’s advice. Not only for life in general and more happiness. When you implement it right you can work more efficient, because your focus will be laser-sharp when you are present in the moment. When you are able to throw away all your thoughts for a specific amount of time you can also make better decisions and you have more room for creativity which also helps solving different problems for example.

Also in general, you work now to achieve your goals. The achieved goals will also be celebrated in the “future” now.

4 Likes

“Don’t put off until tomorrow what can be done today.”

Something I feel like IM people struggle with more than anything else. Or maybe just me :wink:

Bonus: “If it can be done in five minutes or less, it can be done now.”

aka “Go brush your teeth, man.”

8 Likes

Yeah one of my favs besides “Letting Go” and “The Presence Process” :slight_smile:

Definetly not only you haha…

2 Likes

By SHEFA TABASSUM:

1. Stop posting everything on social media.

2. Most people don’t love you, it’s just the way it has to be.

3. Don’t force ANYTHING - relationships, conversations, meeting up with someone, etc.

4. Get up every day and find your drive then use it to propel yourself through the day.

5. Money does NOT give you true happiness; just an illusion of it.

6. Most people don’t even know what true happiness feels like.

7. Don’t outgrow your youth. Live it, at the right time.

8. You can sacrifice a lot for someone you really care about, but they’ll still leave you.

9. Pilot your emotions most of the time. Don’t let them control you unless need be.

10. Whether you believe in science, religion or nothing at all, death is NOT the end.

11. Invest in good memories whether you have money or not. You’ll need them as you grow old.

12. It’s all in the mind.

13. Love yourself, but don’t forget to reciprocate it to others. Treat everyone with kindness even when they are mean to you. Kindness is strength not weakness.

14. Do good to others and expect nothing in return. It’s not a trade.

15. Keep your heart, mind and body clean. Always avoid negative energy.

16. Drink a lot of water OFTEN.

17. Eat healthy - veggies, fruits, yams, etc.

18. Exercise often. Go for a run or hit the gym.

19. In the end, you will realize it’s all meaningless. Our endless endeavors to get rich, getting worked up, wanting attention, life and the likes. As we say in our language, " Yote ni vanity."(or the song by Linkin Park “in the end it doesn’t even matter”

20. Do not chase anyone who wouldn’t do the same for you.

21. Try not getting in to arguments.

22. Just because she/he looks at you, doesn’t mean they LIKE you in that way.

23. That girl/boy that dresses funny, looks funny and talks funny…that “uncool person” in school that nobody wants to hang out or be seen with, …hate on them now, but you won’t believe how good-looking they’ll be in a few years.

Megan Fox👇

1. You will most likely die before achieving your full potential so LIVE IT UP!
8 Likes

Love yourself more than Kanye loves Kanye

3 Likes

From Invictus:

I am the master of my fate

I am the captain of my soul

I think no matter what happens in life, most of it is reactionary and not really the actual situation. You can’t blame anyone in life but need to take responsibility for yourself, also applies to successes as well

1: People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.

2: If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.

3: If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.

4: The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

5: Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.

6: The biggest men with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.

7: People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

8: What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.

9: People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.

10: Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

EDIT: This one is especially true for what we do.

2 Likes

“Much silence and a good disposition, there are no two things better than these.”

• Muhammad peace be upon him .
1 Like

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.

1 Like

Life is a sum of all the things you want bad enough.
in these times , the possibilities are truly infinite.

Life is full of conflict and surrounded. There are very few people here who do not face difficulties otherwise everyone has to face some trouble here. Is that life ? in which there is no conflict. Troubles in life make only successful and strong.
Whenever there come is a problem, take endurance and do not give up.

I have a thing I started to tell more and more lately:

Whatever you do with your life and wherever you go, just be nice and have fun!
As long as you don’t bother the people around you and you’re not a piece of sh*t, you’re officially allowed to do whatever you want.

The natural state of humans is happiness. It’s our attachments (to anything) that bring stress, frustrations and fear.

4 Likes

Talent is luck. The important thing in life is is courage.

1 Like

There is so much good advice in this thread!
My suggestion is to treat people the way they need to be treated, not the way you would like to be treated. Everyone is different so don’t expect that some else will want what you want.

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
  2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
  3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
  4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
  5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

From Here:

Do the best and stop dreaming everything gonna be easy.
You need to work to make your dream happens.

1 Like

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?.. He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!

4 Likes

Whatever mine was before it currently changed into Do not put all eggs in one basket :blush:

6 Likes