Since I have quite some clients from music business I thought I might step in here.
So there is two ways to go about it that work quite well:
- Use Instagram Story Ads with a 15 - 60 Second Video of the Music Video in Phone Screen Format. You can take the normal Music Video and crop it with an App called Unfold. Then u link directly to the song on Spotify. I usually do the Ad in 3 Steps:
First Ad target a audience by choosing similiar artist
Second Ad target people that already interacted with your Account
Third Ad target a Lookalike Audience that u make with the Data of the previous two Ads
I would only do the Ad on Instagram Stories not on the wall. The Ad should be optimized for Link Clicks and target Users that are logged into their Wifi only. You should get the best Cost per Click with the third Ad however you need to do the two other Ads to get that Data.
The second Option is to use Youtube Preroll Ads - they are way cheaper and increase the Views on your Youtube Video - however they dont convert that well to Spotify. I wrote a detailed thread on how to do them here:
Im also interested in the opinion of @alukus if he would do anything different?