[AMA] Instagram’s A**hole 2019, ask me about anything instagram

Sorry, have been busy with all the things happening in the back-end and I’ve free up more time to be on the forum again but I can’t promise how long again that I will disappear but I’ll definitely reply to all question asked on this thread cheers!

From what I’ve tested, one is not “safer” than the other it’s about your settings and account trust score (as what most people refer to here). Account trust score in simple terms meaning the amount of things you do differently from a normal user, so think of it from another angle instead of thinking instagram strictly define the rules.

I’ve had success with residentials, datacenter & mobile proxies but the only difference in these are one might have limited access to some actions or the other have really bad latency issue and aren’t that affordable. So you’ll need to strategies on your growth methods and determine which one works best for you, generally I use all of them.

I’ve done it, but it’s not “a bit” of tech knowledge would do that… For datacenter proxies to be viable for use on IG you’ll need to think through multiple layers of usage for end-users/personal use. Are you going to have only 1 sub-net, whose going to setup their own proxies with multiple subnets (but not providing the proxies for rental, just not worth the amount of time and money spent).

Next question is the bandwidth issue, there’s no true unlimited bandwidth. Virgin IPs doesn’t exist anymore, there’s a false statement there to be factual. I don’t like when people make things sounds easier than it seems, what happens when IG bans/limit the entire subnet which they have been doing it since 2-3 years ago.

Rotation, how many accounts running on a single sub-net etc etc. There’s too many layer in-depth to go into for a person to create their own proxies and run sucessfully on datacenter proxies, of course all of these are easy if you’re running 1-10 accounts. But anyone who wants to create their own proxies aren’t going to run 1-10 accounts, unless you’ve too much time on your hand rather than thinking how to earn $$$ from those 1-10 accounts.

It was something that done me good which is why I look a travel break. Good luck to you as well!

Well, if you look hard enough it’s every where in this forum.

For scraping & filtering I no longer use any tools that’s available for purchase. I made all of my proprietary tool to do what I need now, yes it cost (alot) more and it’s takes time but it’ll save me MUCH more time for me and my team in return covering our ROI.

Having tools specific for your needs is really important when you’re looking to scale, but if you just starting there’s ample tools lying around for whatever you need right now. It was a lot tougher and easier at the same time back then.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this is such a great thread for people new to IG marketing, I have definitely picked up a lot here.

Do you work with devs now or just hire as needed off hiring sites like fiverr?

I feel great that I helped you, but always test it yourself for whatever you read on forums be it on mpsocial or any other places. Because then you’ll know what somethings the OP are talking about.

I hire via upwork and pay hourly rates. There’s tons of developer who are “quality” but what I recommend in finding is someone who has great communications and make up by hiring specialize others to help with the developer for example you can pay someone to do PSD to HTML/Bootstrap slicing and let your developer focus on what they need to do. (Because the time they spent on designing would have taken WAY LOT TIME making it than someone who can do the designs and is good at it. P.S. Which also cost you much more for unsatisfactory design work)

For developer like I mentioned my main and highest priority in choosing someone who cares about understanding what you’ve and have open communications with fast response. The others doesn’t matter much because most developer these days already know enough of things that is able to do what we want unless you want something really “special” like making your own bot which is a complete different story, will not go any further into this.

4 Likes

Could you recommend any specific web design @2xdswu?

Trying to scrape influencers via hashtag with a minimum of 100k followers can be achieved how? Any insights on some tools specifically.

Do you mean web designer because I’m not really sure what you mean by that question.

I personally buy premium dashboard UI kit which I adjust from there myself, so save that huge chunk of money from asking someone to design everything from scratch. I tried hiring others to do illustration but it cost me 200+ for just 1 really good looking illustration. (Not worth it…)

If you’re familiar with AI or Photoshop i can recommend you to a marketplace where they’ve insane looking kits and designs for illustration/ui designs/banners which you can use for your website. Then what you can do is hire someone on upwork which can do for you PSD/AI to HTML slicing which you can hand over to your developer which save you tons of money & time.

There’s someone that mentioned imristo scrapper, it’s a decent scrapper and it works well for heavy scrapping. It’s quite affordable as well since it’s a yearly license.

Other tools I’m not so sure because I haven’t found any other tools that’s reliable in the recent years, also there’s a guide on here teaches you how to scrape those data. But I think it is only available for level 2.

Ha Ha
Instagram’s Asshole

Good job Instagram Asshole.

I have one question for u now. What are your best client getting methods right now and how do you pitch them? Thank you very much.

Sorry man! Yeah I meant web designer :slight_smile:
Also this marketplace would be great to know!

Thanks a lot bro!

1 Like

This right here is a golden thread. Pure knaawledge Insert Tai Lopez voice

1 Like

@2xdswu Can you tell me what do you use for sending emails? How do you keep your opening rate high and avoid most emails going into spam?
I keep having issues with gsuite. I setup SPF, DKIM all this sort of bs on my domains but I keep having issues with opening rate. I recently started with new domains and after like 50 emails I get blocks and I can’t send anymore emails for 24h because of too many bounces I think.

Some asshole bought me fake followers. How do I get rid of them?
Also, did you block and unblock, or just straight blocking them?

But then, some of my friends are not that active on Instagram, all bots that I tried also marked them. I don’t want to block them.

Heavily subscribing to this!
Telling the customers straight away about the fact that we use third party apps outside TOS, actually makes them aware of the risks and just in case something happens with their account because Instagram decides that, you can have a cover and not lose trust.

I always let them know that what we are doing it’s illegal mostly, but can’t hurt that much if it’s done with decent limits and not abusing the account.

Just something that does the trick for me, I tell to some of them the followings (only to customers that can’t decide if I feel them while talking to them): “Listen, these softwares have been around for some time and a lot of people got better results with them until now. It’s a propper moment for you to start even if it’s late. Maybe one day these tools won’t be around and you’ll get a little bit frustrated you didn’t take advantage on them back in the day”.
It does the job for more than half of the undecided customers.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say what’s my current best method as I don’t want what I’m working with to be flooded. But I can say where mainly I find clients.

1. Cold emailing
  2. Google searches for specific niches
  3. Twitter
    And many more I’m currently testing.

Search for “UI8” it’s a great place you can easily filter through via “adobe AI, photoshop, bootstrap” there’s quite a few but sadly I only know how to work with photoshop. I can’t share with you any because I use these assets to make my own UI designs and hire designers from UPWORK to do the PSD to HTML slicing.

:joy::joy::joy:

Well, I don’t really know how to setup and maintaining my own SMTP mailing automation hence I get my own list and give it to someone who will maintain and delivery to make sure my domain is healthy. I can’t really give much recommendation or advise on these as it’s not my expert in this field, but I’d suggest getting someone to do it rather than to do it yourself. Sometimes it’s better to spend that money and focus on what you do best.

You can easily do that by scrapping users and via your own filter settings to determine what’s a “fake follower” usually how I remove for my clients is these criteria below:

1. Post within the past 6 months
  2. Have more than 30 posts
  3. Have not more than 1,200 following.
    (I’d not suggest using “Have profile picture” as most of the time active users don’t have profile picture as well, but you can test it out). I can’t assure you my settings are the best but it usually do 70-80% of the job to identify fake followers, usually they’ve a pattern and you can catch it by checking on their profile.

Well, I guess some people got me wrong. What I meant is, you DO NOT need to tell clients more than they should know unless when ASKED. If you’re doing a fantastic job and know what you’re doing, why bother explaining and hardselling yourself to the clients. By no means I’m not trying to direct anything towards those who does but it just not worth the time to explain how these things works and there will be more things for clients to say you instead.

Also… We aren’t doing anything illegal, what we’re doing is breaking the terms of service of instagram. It’s FAR from illegal, actually it’s perfectly legal doing so.

3 Likes

Great thread, thanks!
I liked the idea of scraping with a different account, but how do you track followback ratio automatically?

So for example if I use 1 account to scrape a ton of profiles and hashtags and then split the results with 100 IG accounts, wouldn’t tracking the follow back ratio be a nightmare?

Hey Instagram Asshole,

And when you are cold e-mailing, do you address them by their [First Name]. If so, can you share what are the methods you use to identify their First Name altogether with their Email? I’m currently using ScrapeBox but I am not sure if I am able to scrape Emails + Names + Countries & etc…

Thanks!

I don’t track follow-back ratio if I were to use that strategy, it would be more of how well you’re targeting and what filters are you using to achieve a certain amount of followback ratio instead. Account follow-back ratio is good to have but sources tend to run dry really fast or if you noticed if you’re using the same source for over 2-3 months you might see a gradual decrease in daily followers gained that’s because you’d hit a dry spot of the followers. Try refreshing your list every so often and you’ll maintain or even increase followback ratio on a daily basis if you use your targeting, when you scrape and filter each niche will vary depending on the filters you use. There’s A LOT of testing involve, those that are doing client management on clients account devote their time into this as this will significantly show is your service a good service or a bad service.

Yes I do actually, what I do is I include their first name, followers number and date of creation for the account. This way I can propose and point how like “Your accounts is 2 years old with such amazing content, I would love to help you out to reach 10,000 by the end of this year for sure with the creative content that you’ve produced on a daily basis blah blah blah” (My grammer is bad I know, which is why normally I hire copywriter to run through what I’m trying to say. It helps a lot)

Spending 200$ on a copywriter for 3 variation for 200 words may sound expensive but remember, you’re going to get at least 1 good variation that would work for you. Once you make back your ROI get more variation and mix it up. It’s called A/B testing and it’s really important as you’re doing cold e-mailing. Whatever works on CPA marketing will work in cold emailing you just gotta research and test methods out.

2 Likes

I second that! ahahah

Thanks for sharing your method, what are the ways you use to obtain these 3 (Emails, Names + Date of Creation) altogether? If it’s via ScrapeBox, how? I am able to scrape emails but I am unable to gather their names simultaneously, although there’s an extension (hunter) that allows domain search.

Thanks again!