BEWARE - There is someone stealing the forums content

Absolutely! It is amazing the amount of support we get from each other in this community. It truly is like family on here (except for the guy who re-posted my content if he is a member on the forum)

Care you provide some additional information on how to do this?

I was thinking to send him bot traffic with an average of 1 second retention. Search engines will hate this!

Agreed, he has done a great job at trying to keep himself hidden. @Fonzie has taken this as a challenge and is stalking him any way he can haha.

1 Like

Wouldn’t Google already punish this guy for using non-original content on his website? Personally I wouldn’t think reporting would do anything for this type of issue, especially considering a lot of blackhat users will use overseas Web Hosting accounts that ignore DMCA (Actually: Looks like he’s hosted on LiquidWeb which is USA).

Anyways :stuck_out_tongue: If this is that big of an issue, maybe MP could do something. It looks like on the guy’s website he links to his MP account or something http://www.massplanner.com/?ap_id=stevenvertigo. which is a fake name.

What would you guys want to know about the guy? or do? lol I think I know his real name + details and what he looks like. But not like we’re going to dox him or something lol But maybe you guys would want to ban him from the forums and his MP account? I dunno

Edit: NM, I had missed Johnny’s message about contacting the guy.

3 Likes

Hey guys, owner of SocialKingMaker.com here.

First of all, I wish to offer my deepest apologise to Brandon. I’m sorry, Brandon, for taking your original content and published on my site, without asking for permission and credit.

I have deleted the post. Few things I wish to let you guys know:

1. The post is set to noindex, Google won’t pick it up. (damage is minimized)
  2. I only sent this post to my own subscribers.
  3. Yes, i used fakename.
  4. Stealing is bad, period.

Once again, i’m sorry, Brandon. Please let me know what else you need me do to remedy the damage done.

@Johnny Please terminate my Affiliate account, I deserved the punishment.
@BrandonBerner I really appreciate your effort in composing such great content.

To everyone else in this community, I’m sorry and thank you for digging me out.

1 Like

“Steven”

Let’s call it what it is. You’re just sorry you got caught.

Instead of stealing content from some small blogger, or maybe a reddit post, or something where no one would see…you decided to grab something from a forum like this.

Amazingly, not considering the fact that this isn’t some backwoods bunch of morons who doesn’t the difference between a cat5 and pots wire. You thought…“hey why don’t I take this content from one of the most popular guys on a forum with guys who probably have been on the internet since 1200 baud modems.”

You weren’t sorry until you knew people were on to you. And there are some people on here who could root out anyone.

I wouldn’t be surprised if half the content (probably more) on your blog could be traced to other blogs.

It’s people like you that are toxic to places like this. Places where people take their knowledge and share it go genuinely help those because they remember what it was like to be lost and not know. So douce-bags come along and ruin it for everyone.

“Steven” you can take your “apology” (as far as I’m concerned) and shove it.

You know what’s right and wrong (no-index, fake name, etc…). You actually seemed like you were a decent dude here.

Like you said the world is an unfair playground and you…need to find somewhere else to have fun and pick pockets.

1 Like

@Fonzie

Pointers taken. I have nothing to say, as you’re absolutely right. I just hope that by standing out openly and offer my apologize, you can see my sincerity in admitting my mistake.

Damage control has done, as the post is deleted. Moral punishment is ongoing, I just hope this incident can be an example to those who plan to do the same like what I did, and give up the idea.

1 Like

smh. copyright infringement . Ill keep an eye out. People think they can get away with this stuff these days…

1 Like

This is the last I’m going to speak of this matter.

You’ve been doing this for years.

You know exactly what you’re doing. Your apology rings hollow. You know it and I know it.

If it was me…and I stuck my nose (and that wasn’t the term I was going to use) in a hornets nest like this with no thought of repercussion or consequence… It tells me two things:

1. I’m so comfortable stealing peoples shit that I’ll just do it cuz I’ll never get caught.
  2. If I do get caught (which won’t happen because it never does) I’ll just apologize and they’ll forgive me.

So you need to sing to some other choir.

I’ll leave it with this:

1. If I was in a position where I seriously fucked up and underestimated the people I “acquired content” from and I knew that that they will know my name, address, rank and serial number…I’d throw myself on the mercy of the court as well.

2. If Brandon decides to scale back his help and posts because of this there will be no one to blame but you…and that is not a position I would want to be in.

I have nothing more to say on this subject.

1 Like

A lot of us come from Forums like BHW, a blackhat forum; Both this forum, the others, and the MassPlanner software are completely built on blackhat stuff. I think being in that sort of atmosphere can make it hard to distinguish between what’s alright to do, and what’s not.

I feel like I’ve done similar stuff in the past. Like uploading 100000+ copied videos to Youtube, along with the descriptions, and changing all the links to my own.

But everyone does sketchy stuff here right? Like the instagram repost tool is built right into MP to copy peoples content/pictures.

For me I guess the big issue is that Brandon is a great guy :stuck_out_tongue: and you shouldn’t steal from this community, or a community that you are a part of anyways.

But he removed the post, I think that is pretty good. He could have just ignored it, which again, is not an issue with overseas websites, and could probably still get away with it either way. So maybe we can just leave it at that, and this is a lesson learned for “steven”.

I don’t know :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I just don’t get it. Or I think differently then everyone else.

Edit: I myself learned a lesson on this topic long ago. Long story short, I’m a big fan of pirated software and was on a forum that openly talks about pirating software, and I talked about pirating (and using) a software that was owned by one of the members there. Had no idea, and I got grilled pretty bad for it :stuck_out_tongue: But immediately after I went and bought a license from the guy :smiley: I guess that’s kind of different… but either way… gotta respect your community.

6 Likes

BHW 2010

I know the routine. I get it. Trust me I get it

If you’re old skool like that then you know how this community is right now. Best to stop that shit before it starts right?

You make a lot of good points. But y’know…

1 Like

Hello @stevenvertigo,

I am torn here in regards to if your messages are genuine or not.

Here Is Why I DO Believe Your Genuine Apology

• You have had the courage to show yourself

• You apologized and admitted your wrong doing

• You have taken the correct steps by removing the content which was stolen

However these are actions that you were in a way forced to do in fear of exposure or retaliation. Although they are the right gestures, and show some sign of you trying to correct the mistake you have made, it does not simply wash your slate clean.

Here Is Why I Dont Believe Your Genuine Apology

• This is not your first time stealing someone else’s content and posting it elsewhere.
    I would be more understanding if this was your first offence. Knowing that this is not your first time doing this, and knowing your smart enough to know right from wrong, it makes your probability of being genuinely apologetic much lower

• There are a lot more bad people in this world than good.
    Once again, lowering the probability of being genuinely apologetic

• You have a website SocialKingMaker*com where you sell fake, non-active followers, yet you advertise them as real ones.
    Proof: https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=YXCv5fGzaic (Link is broken on purpose)
    You and I both know that is complete BS. This says to me that lying for your benefit is in your blood. This further proves the fact that your replies were only made to appear genuine to prevent any further damages that may occur. You know the damage that can be done, and you will say whatever it takes to lower the damages done.

• You have gone to extensive lengths to keep your identity private, above and beyond what most people know how to do.
    This proves that you are smart, and know exactly what you were doing when copying my written content. In addition to this, it also shows you will go to great lengths to protect yourself from any consequences from your unethical actions. There is the other factor which could be the fact you know the internet is a dangerous place and you want to keep yourself safe in general; but who are we kidding, this is not you clearly based on the points above.

• To make matters worse, you stole the content of someone with Autism. (Just had pull this card out since I can :smiley: )

All joking aside (Autistic point only), I can go on with much more, however I do believe I have stated enough to determine that your message is not as genuine as I hope.

I will take you up on your proposal in regards to remedy the damage done. So far your actions have only proved you to be someone who is completely dishonest. The damage has already been done, however I would like to see you prove yourself from your actions from here on.

###Here is a list of things I would like to see:

1. I would like to see all content removed that clams your “Buy Followers” service offers “real followers”. This also apples to other lies you have stated for your services.

2. I NEVER want to see you copy someone elses content again; ESPECIALLY from this forum MPSocial.

3. I would like to see some quality content created by you and posted on the forum. This will show everyone here that you are in fact someone who sees the good in giving back to the community.

If you have truly accepted the fact you made a big mistake, and you have learned from your mistake, following these 2 simple things will be a piece of cake. It would further prove your genuinity, and prove yourself as a decent human being.

###Call To Action

To any of those who want more information about @stevenvertigo I will not stop you. There are numerous users on this forum with a plethora of information who will likely share it with you. My inbox has exploded with tons as it is.

To those who want to teach @stevenvertigo a lesson of your own, I wont stop you

What I do want to ask is that we give @stevenvertigo a week to prove himself to be a decent human being (by completing the 3 instructions above to our satisfaction). Then if he fails to do so, we all keep him accountable and unleash the full wrath of our abilities. He has been warned.

##Lastly A Poll From The Jury

• Punish Him Now
  • Give Him Time To Prove Himself - Punish Him If He Fails
  • Don’t Punish Him, He Has Learned His Lesson

0 voters

3 Likes

He should have to make this his avatar too.

<Yeah I know I’m a dick> :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, @BrandonBerner

Though I wish to reply those accusations, but that will not help in solving the issue. So I’ll just leave them.

There are reasons I wanted to hide my real identity, but definitely not from running away doing something unethical. If that is my intention, I’ll never step out and show myself here.

I’ll remove the youtube video that claimed the followers are real. I never claim my followers are real, the video creator didn’t follow the script and claimed that is real, whatever, that’ll be removed.

As for the things you want me to do:

1. I would like to see all content removed that clams your “Buy Followers” service offers “real followers”. This also apples to other lies you have stated for your services.
    I’ll remove the youtube video.

2. I NEVER want to see you copy someone elses content again; ESPECIALLY from this forum MPSocial.
    Although promise means nothing nowadays, I’ll keep this as my life-long motto.

3. I would like to see some quality content created by you and posted on the forum. This will show everyone here that you are in fact someone who sees the good in giving back to the community.
    You’ll see that soon.

PS: I do found your content extremely useful, and you had got some fund for your coffee few hours ago from me.

3 Likes

Yeah I was going to say… :stuck_out_tongue: Not the guy I found… So I don’t think that’s him. Probably someone off of Fiver or something.

1 Like

Great pic though :wink:

Hey B.

Can you please add -> “Have him do a rap video” to the poll?

Thx :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I tried, however I cant since you cant change polls after 5 minutes. I cannot even delete it. Next time :slight_smile:

Bah… I definitely like Barry more than I like you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
  • “Steven” must do a rap video about social media.
  • There is no spoon

0 voters

1 Like