Ghost Banned. Is there a solution?!

After various tests I have come to a conclusion that my account has been ghost banned :frowning: Anyone has been ghost banned before and what is your solution? I just use Report an Issue function to communicate with IG but I donā€™t know how long itā€™s gonna be before they get back to me. But I have a feeling the chance is slimā€¦

You might also like:

One suggested method is to disable your account for 1 week+.After that enable it again and test.

3 Likes

I heard about itā€¦ One week is so long though :frowning: Iā€™ll try 3 days

Let us know how it went after 3 days, though it might be not enough, and good luck :wink:

1 Like

How are you guys testing to see if your accounts are ghost banned?

Upload a picture with a hashtag and check the hashtag with a second account. If the picture is not visible there youā€™re ghost banned.

by disabling your own account? do you mean to log it out of your phone and/or MP, and just not do anything for a week?

or is there actually a way to disable it literally? so no one can see the page online?

Log from the phone and go to settings.There should be option to disable your account.When you want to enable it again just log the account and it will reenable it again.
Donā€™t confuse disable with delete :smiley:

thanks, will Instagram delete your account if you leave it disabled for too long?

Not sure but I hope not lol

Iā€™ve been reading about ghosting and temporary penalties on IG. Besides the mention on posts, thereā€™s not much talk about it.

Anyone care to elaborate?

I do suspect some fo my account are getting less engagements but donā€™t know how to verify and how to check. Thanks in advance.

The simple way to test if the account was ghosted is to post something regular and use less popular tags.
Once you done the post, go to an acccount that is not fallowing the suspected ghosted account and check if you see the post in the tag page.

Other way I check it is to copy the tag page and go in incognito on chrome with no account logged in.

If you see the post then you are ok.

If not you disable the account for 2 weeks or email support.

Thanks for your explaination. I got one of my accounts ghosted. What do I say if I choose to email support?

What does it mean ghost banned ?

Thank you.

Do you know what causes this ghosting? Posting too much hashtags?

This problem is not new, the sky is not falling people.

1 Like

So this is not a penalty but a bug?

It happens every few months or so. IG never fesses up and when they do itā€™s a ā€œbugā€. They even admitted to it .

i read that one way to get out of ghost banning is to disable your account for a week or so. i havenā€™t tried this myself as i havenā€™t encountered the problem yet.

ā€œi read that one way to get out of ghost banning is to disable your account for a week or so. i havenā€™t tried this myself as i havenā€™t encountered the problem yet.ā€

Has anyone successfuly done this?