How is an IG account with 100 followers verified?

There’s a verified page with only 100 followers, but how? I’ve seen many very similar in followers and all verified.

1 Like

Getting verified has nothing to do with the number of followers you have, but only how know your are.

4 Likes

If you are on the radio, on TV or in the newspaper you can get fast verified!
Some people are also selling the blue ticks but I wouldn’t do that…

That’s the thing they aren’t known* I’ve seen a page with 0 followers and verified the name was random letters. I’ve seen very similar ones as well.

1 Like

They’re not on the radio or anything publicly known. A guy had no followers and verified still, he wasn’t of the public’s interest. So I assume over 500 hundred people with similar accounts bought their badges just to have no followers?

2 Likes

maybe it was a public figure that had an account created, verified, then changed his mind and his username =P

4 Likes

https://mpsocial.com/t/method-how-to-get-the-ig-verified-badge/4352

1 Like

He had no followers and each one of the accounts that I run across like that, always have a verification website in their bio. Like verified.webnode or something

2 Likes

There is no need to have a lot of followers. You just need to be able to prove you are a celebrity or something close to that.

2 Likes

Understandable, but what about an account with 100 followers not a known celebrity or public figure at all??

Make it seem like people are making fake accounts of you and they are scamming people.
Create a few fake accounts and promote offers on them. Then write IG support that you are being impersonated so you need help to stand out as the original account. If they don’t give you ticks, just repeat this process until they do.

3 Likes

Perfect idea! You are genius sir! I do have 3 questions though. When I create these accounts are they to be personal accounts or business? I’m referring to the promote offers part. How am I to go about contacting IG support? Will I be able to change my username, after being verified?

It doesnt matter if they are personal or business accounts. All that matters is that they want to seem like they are the “original you” if it makes sense lol.
You are going to report these accounts and also write for support that these impersonators won’t stop.
Yes you will be able to change you username with the help of support again.

2 Likes

Lol okay it does make sense. To contact support is it within the app or an email support? Does the fake pages have to use my real name or my artist name?

1 Like

If you are more known by your stage name then definitely go with stage name for the fake account, otherwise it would not make much sense if someone creates a fake page using your full name when only your family and friends know it.

1 Like

oh shit thats genius

you can request to get verified

1 Like

Deleted by MojoJojo.

Sales are not allowed here.

Hi MyFocus! Is this Link an Level 2 Thread? Would really like to see it.