Impossible Instagram Verification Loop

I am having an issue with the ’ Help Us Confirm You Own This Account’ pop up. I read this convo and I am still unsure for a clear answer. Please, I need to get my account back up!

Mines working now. Yesterday they wouldn’t change passwords but today I tried again and working fine. Have you tried today? I haven’t reset or cleared cookies.

I have tried today and am still getting the error. What all did you do today to get it to work?

I’m still blocked out, its now at the point where when I try and reset my password, it comes up with a facebook error and that they are working on it.

i try this with the opera browser and activate the vpn function but when i follow the steps (forgot password, change password, go on ‘Secure your Account here’ in the ‘‘Your Password has changed Mail’’ I get the same problem again; again the page with ‘help us to confirm your account’???

Since for some people (including me) VPN method doesn’t work, I added some extra steps and managed to get back all of my accounts.

For this we won’t be using Instagram app, but 2 browsers, one regular browser and the other with VPN extension or Opera’s built in VPN option). You will never directly open links through email but just copy them and paste where I say. Follow everything step by step and watch
the email titles I mention.

1. First open phone browser (no VPN on this one)
  2. Go to instagram.com and login
  3. (Help us secure… message pops up)
  4. Copy “secure your account” link from email (email title - “New login to Instagram”) and paste it to VPN browser
  5. Type in new random password
  6. You get “suspicious login attempt”
  7. Verify with code or phone number (after that you will get kicked out back to login page)
  8. Login again
  9. (Help us secure… message pops up)
  10. Copy secure your account (email title - “New login to Instagram”) and paste it to regular Phone browser this time
  11. Type in a password you plan using in the future
  12. (Help us secure… message pops up)
  13. Copy “secure your account” (email title - “Your Instagram password has been changed” - this one could end up in Social category if you use Gmail), paste it to VPN browser
  14. Finally you’ll get “Is your profile information correct?” click “Yes, it’s correct.”

You will be logged in through VPN browser, after that you can log in anywhere else without the annoying popup.

3 Likes

Hey mate I follow the steps 1-5 but after the new random password I dont get this suspicious login attempt, there’s the ‘Help us Secure…’ message again; i tried to follow at step 8 without 6 and 7 but then at the last step 13 there’s again this f****n ‘help us secure…’ message …please help

edit: when i open instagran on phone browser like in step 1-3 i dont get this mail you describe in step 4; i get this email only when i login on vpn browser opera

Use PC browsers. I assumed a lot of people do everything on the phone here so I wrote it like that. In my case I never used an actual phone, VPN browser is Opera and for regular browser I used default one on Android emulator.
Also you are not getting suspicious login attempt and email code because Instagram recognizes your cookies as safe. Clear all cookies and try again (you can do this on PC by clicking “lock” icon next to URL --> Instagram cookies --> delete.
On the phone there should be an option in settings.

1 Like

now i have an other problem…i thought when i have no control about my own account it’s the best when they delete my acc; so i report my own acc and now they say me when i try to login they want a code from mobile (WHY Not yesterday???) and when i get there’s pop up with ‘unfortunately there’s a problem at your inquiry’ …i read in the internet that i can do contradiction against this but there’s no field where i can say that…puuuhhhh instagram support is the biggest shit when u have problem with them

hi please give me your instagram accout i wanna talk with you please … i really need you bro

same problem !! :((
“Oops an error cccurred”

Facing sane problem please help me :pray:t2:

Suffering from same problem
Please help me :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

I do not get the pop up in #3 . My message says Help us Confirm you own this account .

A “Help Us Confirm You Own This Account” message has appeared on my instagram and and the verification email it shows to send the code to was wrong and I never put and email with the first letter or number at the end of the email, so its just stuck at the screen… when I tried to email that profile to see if the email changed it wasn’t and when I try to send an confirmation code it goes to an other email I don’t know about.

Hi all, I had the same issue with my account yesterday.
I have tried all the methods shared here (reset pass, secure my account, using opera VPN browser), but still no luck.
Is it better if I try again later after a couple of hours or the next day?
Any suggestions are welcome!

hi there. this happened to me tonight and i have been trying for hours to get back into my account. can you please help me get in???

hi jessica. any update? i am currently going through this as well and emailed support. waiting for their response. please please get back to me if you were able to recover your account. I have been attempting to sign in for the last 10 hours. thanks so much

Same here you all , in real time . It happened to me when I tried to change the email on my profile for my music. I emailed support and they told me send a picture holding a sign. I did. It’s 3am. I’m gunna go try to calm down but let’s ALL agree this is fucking stupid and frustrating and definitely strikes me as odd that there’s not anyone I see who’s fixed it… is this an Instagram problem?? Wtf? I’m livid. I’m sorry . Calming down.

I just reset my device ID , had to email verify and now this: