Instagram hiding likes soon?

I meant that a lot of brands (those ones who want to become big ones) don’t really have a glue about IG Marketing at least thats my experience. Maybe that’s different in US too but in Austria companys ar not really “educated” about IG Marketing.

1 Like

They have actually been testing that for a while now.

I feel like the Instagram team gets bored and for no good reason makes these dumb changes. The platform was way better when it was chronological and the explore page was what it used to be.
This is a dumb idea and will make the platform SO MUCH faker. It’s already so easy for peoplel to buy followers and then buy some likes to try and make their engagement appropriate. Imagine what the fakers will do if they don’t have to keep up with their engagement because it’s HIDDEN…

1 Like

yes but still comments will be the big role to engagement, Related Comments will be the Factor

so it will be harder to Fake Engagement since it will be Based on Comments only.

and its not easy doing custom related comments per post and its also not cheap ordering them

These companies are managed by progresist and feminist, you have to expect the worst. “If i am ugly i deserve the same likes than you!”

You have already watched what happened with that Engineer on Google, this looks on the same direction.

PD: Fucking Sillicon Valley

1 Like

The sooner leftist Silicon Valley, FB, IG, WA and the rest of Mark Zuckerbergs imperium become irrelevant the better.
Next generation global social networks will emerge from China’s Pearl River Delta and Hanghzou region (e.g. TikTok and WeChat). And luckily they will not be pushing an agenda that goes against natural human behaviour.

2 Likes

Amazing point. This is true. As I’m reading this article it is a bit confusing in a way.
Mainly because there are some serious problems in the world. This is not one of them haha.
I am genuinely a pretty compassionate person.
I, my family, and many many people I work with as a yoga teacher and also a yoga teacher trainer (I train teachers) have all had our share of anxiety and other deep rooted issues. And I think it’s crazy that people are just blaming Instagram for their problems because they’re “seeing how many people liked everyone else’s photos”. I mean I can’t speak for anyone. And I am aware I’m not in anyone else’s shoes. But with experience in this field I can have an opinion. Because it takes some hard work with meditation, actually being able to be alone with yourself, and facing your real isssues to get over them. It takes WORK. And blaming a platform I think is just a huge step back for the people who this affects. It’s making it worse I think, because it’s encouraging them that the problem with their inner issues is not within.
If you can’t handle seeing your ex boyfriends likes then don’t use Instagram and do some work on yourself.
I just feel like society is on this slippery slope in general because everyone is blaming everything else and you can’t even look at someone these days without doing something wrong.
So many people I work with who really want to work on themselves think of these things as their triggers, not the problem. For example, they would say : “I know that I have some work to do becuse it depresses me to see that my ex best friend gets a lot of likes on Instagram.” And they would not say “Instagram needs to hide the number of likes because it’s not fair and its giving me anxiety. Instagram is the problem. Not me.”
My two cents lol.

7 Likes

Side note… If people are stressed about not getting likes anymore, instagram should just bring back the chronological order because that would fix the problem. Weird how the make it harder to get engagement (cutting a lot of people’s in half or less) and then put this out as if they didn’t create the problem.

Exactly. That’s what I think as well… Instagram started going down when freaking Zuckerberg bought it and when they changed the chronological order I think it was the first nail in the coffin.

1 Like

Man I don’t think you know what you are talking about. I live in China and work with Chinese influencer that use only Chinese platforms. You think there are bots on Instagram or Twitter? Literally HALF of the accounts on Weibo and Weixin are fake and according to a report the companies themselves run a good chunk of them.

1 Like

Was more like 4 cents haha…
But yeah fully agree with you, I think one should always look at the cause/root of the problems like anxiety, needing external validation, and those always lie in oneself, somewhere deep in the subconscious. Blaming external factors or effects like Instagram definetly doesn’t help, but it feels good for the ego of people being able to blame other things…

2 Likes

Well that is true, same for Germany haha…

More like 272638382625279383626272828 cents.

1 Like

If they apply it, that’s just a “Distraction Strategy” as Noam Chomsky would say, make peps feels that u care of their lives/health while you’re eating their data like never before. Zucker it’s a rascallian monkey. He only deserves fake followers today.

5 Likes

Maybe they’re trying to devalue/hide likes to discourage users from purchasing fake likes. I mean, the only reason people purchase fake likes is to “look” better.

2 Likes

lol wtf does feminism and being progressive have to do with this change? tell me how you really feel? :roll_eyes:

For what it’s worth, hiding the number of likes from the general population doesn’t mean they’d be hidden from brands. They already have a way of sharing metrics directly from business accounts to brands, and this wouldn’t necessary affect that. It would potentially make comp harder though (for brands to compare your account vs others.)

botting is a natural human behavior :joy:

edit: Not sure how many people know this, but anyone can opt-in to the “beta” version of Instagram through the Google Play Store. It looks like this feature was found by digging in the apk, but sometimes in the beta version they’ll try out weird new features. And you can leave feedback. It sometimes makes the app buggy af though :slight_smile:

1 Like

ahahah that philosoraptor seems like someone I need in my life more.

2 Likes

Is it a good news?
I think it make so hard enough to grow IG with Botting.
Some tools will have a Big Update in 2019 and Instagram as well.

Definitely not good news. People like posts expecting to be liked back. That’s the point of social engagement. If people are not motivated at all, knowing that people will not see their like count, they won’t bother posting and liking other people content. And that’s “the end” of instagram.