Instagram Is Down Megathread (Everybody panic!)

Seems like issues are being reported based on IG platform again. And it is loading super slow for me atm.

FYI

Seems like many are experiencing issues refreshing feed and activity on IG. I have had this issue on a couple of profiles too. Especially refreshing the activity and loading people’s profiles.

Anyone else experiencing this and found a working solution?

I’m having no issues - just tested

I am wondering if it could be location based. Been ongoing for a month now. Even my personal which I have never used automation on is hit by it. I have to keep refreshing activity like 5-6 times before it actual does refresh.
@ice
I also read that it can be due to a banned hashtag on one of the posts. And some people have had luck finding and deleting the hashtags and it has worked for them they say. Now I don’t know how much I can rely on this

Hey guys

Anyone realised all stories are now hidden and only visible by visiting the profiles?
Only live sessions are visible on the IG app.
It’s been like this on and off since 3 days now.
It turns like this and back to normal. My app is updated، i relogged in… Anything you can mention and think of. Searched the net, and seems like I am not the only one experiencing this!
I think IG is up to something. Perhaps muting all stories by default? :thinking:

Anyone else noticing this?
Now it looks like something like this

2 Likes

Stories are normal for me, but perhaps you’re part of an IG test group for a new feature (that no one wanted or asked for)

1 Like

@Powerlifter Lol I guess! I mean let’s hope it’s no new downgrade. Muting stories by default yet to fight storyviews! Fingers crossed,. Let it just be a glitch. But as mentioned, been going on for 3 days now on and off.

stories growing methods doesn’t work anyway… =(

i can view all stories on the feed fine but my insights are not showing

Well, according to Russian forums, Instagram is preparing to “kill” mass story viewing - by introducing a button :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, then we will click this button :joy:

I mean there is already a similar option when using the story viewer in the EB “click on stories to view them faster”. The days of watching 100k+ stories are over anyways. For mass voting you don’t need that much.

1 Like

Super effective in manual progress trust me!
I know you can’t do million views no more, but. A great way to engage with existing. Followings!

Well then my guess was somehow correct. Something fishy is up. It’s been going on for. A couple of days as mentioned before. A glitch usually gets fixed. But this looks like an implementation of something.

That is true. But if they choose to deactivate stories by default and implement this feature on top of it, then many buttons shall be pressed in order to view a profile’s story. In a world where every call counts, it hurts :grin:

1 Like

Update: my insights are now showing so it def was a glitch.

Seems like IG is hit by a major outage.
FYI.

It must’ve been because they decimated my post today :tired_face::joy:

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Are you mind reader… Bro I was literally thinking that. A new update oooooon it’s way. Liking limit 20/day from now on! :stuck_out_tongue: @Powerlifter

1 Like

See, we’re always on the same page :woozy_face::joy::joy:

Mine are running okay. There seems to be a major service outage for the top phone providers in US. Could be linked to it?

1 Like