Mother/ Child/ - First Time (Blog)

I mean are you externally scraping sources then adding them or just using jarvee to fully scrape

1 Like

I scrape internally.

1 Like

Yeah that will be why they die a lot faster. Most people are now finding external ways to scrape then adding them as specific sources and the scrapers just work by giving the sources to the slave.

They still die, just not as fast.

1 Like

Ahh okay I see. So they use some other software to compile a list of targets and then feed said list to their slaves? Do you know of any types of software that do that? And would it still be necessary to use scrapers if you’ve already gotten the specific users?

1 Like

I had to buy my own bot made from a developer. Not very fast but does the job. Some people just buy filtered users to make things faster.

You still need scrapers but they just don’t do as much. All they do is send the users to the slave.

1 Like

You see I still can’t get the whole “sending” concept around my head. What exactly is that? I get the scraping for users and filtering out ones that don’t fit the parameters but what part of the process do they complete if you already have the exact username ready? What is left for the slaves to do other than an api call to get to their profile and an additional api call to hit the follow button?

Additionally, do you know of any way to see/export historical API call data? I’ve been screenshotting the Social Profiles section containing the daily stats on the far right of the table but I was wondering if there was a simpler way of doing this.

1 Like

Api calls are needed to use the sources and most people don’t want the slaves to do this as it will ruin the account.

There is a setting in the options tab at the bottom

1 Like

Do you mind if I ask how much you pay for your 4g proxies?

Atm I have made my own and using them. Which is just the price of the montly data pack.

I have a few others I use that range from $30us to $100us a month depending on what I need them for.

Ideally I will move to my own setup at some point. Just need to find someone to help me setup

1 Like

What are the obstacles in the way of you doing that? What exactly do you need help with?

1 Like

I currently have a few phone setup as proxies. A paid a developer to set up some apps and he coded it to a rotating server.

My ultimate goal is to have usb dongles setup to a raspberry pi but the issues come down to my modem being locked and also getting a coder that knows how to set this system up properly. Also this route is a lot more expensive at the start.

2 Likes

Very good and informative thread.

Other then follow/unfollow actions, do you also do Likes and commenting from each account?

1 Like

I do likes with some too boost some of my other accounts engagement but its not something I use to gain followers

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for a dev to make that tool? Would making a tool like that require a lot of time and effort? And what differentiates it from Jarvee’s scraping tool? Wouldn’t you still need scrapers to interact with Instagram’s API when scraping through all the sources?

1 Like

Which tool? The proxy?

1 Like

The external scraper

1 Like

Think it was about $100us.

Its a pain in the ass to use though as its semi complicated.

1 Like

But the fact that you use it instead of Jarvee means its better right? What’s the benefit though? Does it not burn through scrapers as fast?

1 Like

It burns through scrapers less but you have to replace a scraper when it dies over and over. So doing 100k sources takes forever. Also its slow.

Jarvee is faster but seems to kill the scrapers fast.

Percentage wise, how more cost-efficient is your personal script?

1 Like