Need New Method to Mass-Download IG Pics. 4kstogram No Longer Works

As mentioned in the title, it seems that the 4kstogram software is no longer operational, which I presume is due to the recent IG API changes. I need to mass-download photos to repost on my niche accounts, and I have no clue what the next best option is (outside of downloading photos 1-by-1 or screenshooting and cropping on IG).

What are your preferred methods for doing this, and if anyone has any “best practices” tips for me, I’d love to hear them!

Thanks in advance! :+1:t3:
-Gabe.

2 Likes

Oh shit, that fucking sucks actually lol I just recently bought the premium version.
Didn’t know they were using the official API. Well, I’m pretty sure they are going to fix it by using a reverse-engineered API like all the bots do as well.

3 Likes

Hah! Same here. Literally bought it like 3 days ago, right before the change :sob:

Not 100% sure that’s the reason, here’s the email I received when I contacted support:

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for your message.
Instagram has changed users’ photo storage, that’s why there is an issue.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
We are working on fixing this issue and will release an update asap.

Kind regards,

Liza

But this happened right when IG changed the API, so I assume that’s the reason. You think they’ll fix it? Not sure if I should wait it out or what.

2 Likes

Well it is fixable surely, it’s just Depends on them

1 Like

DownAlbum for chrome browser. Funny thing, downloading a site now as we speak.

5 Likes

Just tried this and it worked really well. My only thing is, it might get a little hard to give credit to the original posters if you’re downloading images off Instagram.

3 Likes

Is there a way to download, like only photos that were posted from January 1-March 1? One account has over 6,000 photos lol

1 Like

4k will fix it . wait a couple of days. its not something they cant fix

3 Likes

An article about the new API change:

And now read Adnan answer:
https://mpsocial.com/t/will-the-deprecation-of-public-ig-api-affect-mp/35952/3?u=killerscript

1 Like

My python scrapers stopped working because of 2 calls that went down. Those are the one I just know about. There will be others and workarounds of course. Back in business soon.

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t have access to this post yet (level 2 only).

Any way you can summarize what it says?

he says in a nutshell ‘don’t worry about it.’

2 Likes

That’s what I assumed lol :man_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

DownAlbum was working for me a couple of days ago. But alas…no more. I had heard that 4K was fixed, but it’s not working for me either. Is anyone else having any luck with these two or others?

1 Like

Posting the same in 1 topic is fine next time.

Thanks!

Danny

Edited this post with a quote so other users understand why i post this.

1 Like

What are you even saying here?

1 Like

Having a hard time ignoring me?

I was refering to the last reaction. If somebody posting the same question in multiple topics within minutes, we will make a reaction like this.

Maybe you could not see the multiple reactions because of your beginnerslevel at the forum.

Danny

2 Likes

@EmpireNetwork - @dma0245 was referring to @vallejo who already has a thread about this. MP social doesn’t allow multiple threads about the same topic. Thats what he was referring to, that and @vallejo is commenting on both to try to get better results faster, which is kind of a unwritten rule and no no.

4 Likes

Ignore that guy and don’t let him bother you, this is the second time he’s come into a topic that I posted offering condescension rather than anything of real value. :wink:

Thanks for your input! I tried using DA, but really didn’t like the idea of downloading a ton of photos to the computer for each individual content source. For me, scraping content from multiple source users to a campaign list, then sorting through and reposting the good stuff is sufficient.

Let me know what you think of that!

EDIT: Ignore this, read my response below

2 Likes

didn’t realize there was an issue with commenting on my own topic thread and also this one as well. I’ve learned my lesson :grin: :peace_symbol: all is well.

3 Likes