NEW ISSUE: Inauthentic activity

What do you mean? There are literally hundreds of posts explaining this on this forum

1 Like

It’s not about datacenter it’s about the IP. A lot of IPs used for datacenter proxys are flagged (they dont work or dont work well for IG). That’s the reason.

2 Likes

They are botnet residential. So they purchased the IPs or created their own botnet to get them. They are for the most part, residential IPs.

Storm proxies worked for a while until massive like blocks hit. Then, because they are inexpensive, they became gummed up with terrible or abused IPs. I recommend them for other uses than IG, but I would move away from those if I were you.

2 Likes

Wanted to interject with someone posting this article back then

The most important thing I read in this article was:

“While Instagram is in a position to identify all AAS customer accounts, blocking these accounts is not a desirable outcome
since Instagram users still use them to initiate legitimate actions that
should not be blocked (even while they are also enrolled in an AAS)”

AAS is any automatic service, this article was done in November 2018 so the sentiment could have changed

4 Likes

Also this:

“Consequently, from the standpoint of protecting non-abusive users from
artificial content, a more effective long-term strategy can be built
on deferred interventions (e.g., removing synthetic actions after at
a future point). Such approaches greatly increase the “debug time”
for services seeking to reverse engineer how they are being detected
and are less likely to drive the customer complaints that incentive
services to pursue such adaptations.”

I agree with this, especially if you get a recycled IP. I’ve been in control of my DC IPs for 6-12 months. I rarely, rarely have issues.

This was an interesting read: Which one to choose? Data-center proxies VS Mobile proxies thanks to @mithrandir for forcing me to search.

There were also a number of interesting nuggets about automation in here that were more bullish than bearish if you guys want to take a look.

My favorite line: The reality is IG loves botting but botting behind real accs from @Bartholomeo

2 Likes

Happy to help :pray:

When an account receives this message, how am i going to see that in jarvee? Is there a notification, like “action required”?

I read the full article. I recall this being in the conclusion,but I didn’t full understand what they meant by this. Can you elaborate on your interpretation?

No you won’t see it in Jarvee.

Damn. What a pitty.

When I got the notification about inauthentic activity, they erased some of my client’s followers. It means they’re following what they are saying and periodically sending these notifications/removing followers as opposed to limiting accounts daily

If you guys haven’t read this. You should.

1 Like

So all those accounts that got banned, from that agency, changed their passwords?

It’s unclear. I don’t think the changing of the password is the correlating factor. It seems that the agency was also offering powerlikes (growing the accounts first through automation) It’s possible these are the accounts that were deleted @eriu55

I just want to say that in the event that this does end and it destroys our businesses, I will be running for US Congress. My main platform will be centered on breaking up Facebook as it has way too much power and influence over our freedoms. We already know Facebook is too dangerous for democracies everywhere. And their anti-competitive practices are destroying the entrepreneurial dream everywhere as well. I would love to have everyone’s support here.

10 Likes

I volunteer running your campaign

1 Like

Let’s go!

Since I work remotely, I will be looking to move to New Hampshire in the next few months so we can organize folks to attend townhalls, question each of the 2020 candidates running whether they support breaking up Facebook, and gain more public attention to our cause. We will set up a political action committee soon to support this. I fear that if something is not done soon, Facebook could become more powerful than all governments combined.

3 Likes

It is already my friend.

Just replying again wondering if anyone has experienced anything new since the notices have been sent out? Still p worried about the risk for my clients :frowning:

1 Like