Personal letter from Instagram?

Yeah I tried that but they said I couldn’t have it back because I had violated the terms. I had music in some old videos which I think is the reason. It’s very unfair as they don’t tell you the rules or even give you warning

1 Like

Try it again and again while you are growing the other account. If you have another mobile / someone in your family, start also another account (your “rescue boat”, just in case). Make sure NOT to upload the same picture nor the same text / hashtags at the same time on the other “resuce boat account” (always crop the pic a bit and change the text as much as possible). Try to find more infos about the bio and the link to your website etc. (shouldnt be the same as the old account, use landing pages. If its the same, it will be easy for IG to find the accounts and ban them, too)
If everything works, you gonna get your old account back while having two “rescue boats”.

All the best for you. :four_leaf_clover:

I started a new account it already has nearly 9k but I’m scared for this account too, another one is a good idea. They have absolutely no reason to take this account as well as it has no music or copyright in it. I keep emailing them but I’m scared if I annoy them too much they will just take my new account. I know it probably doesn’t work that way but they actually temporarily banned my dms the other day because I messaged a few people at once. I don’t get why I’m getting picked on. I wish I could start a class action because so many business are struggling now because of this. Thanks for all your advice x

1 Like

No offense, but you cannot write this above after you write this below:

I’m confused on how your growing to 6k with a new account within a week to 9k now lol that’s some crazy growing. If that is all true you need to be posting here to help us grow so fast lol.

2 Likes

I’m growing fast because I had 123k genuine followers, they must be finding me plus some of bigger accounts who knew me have been doing posts to help me out

1 Like

Why though, I was just dm-ing some old customers letting them know about my new account, it would have been less then 10

Likely you copy and pasted your DMs to each person. Since a lot of people were spamming ( and still do) with things like Holr.co, the amount of messages you can send are very limited and each one needs to be unique. If you copy and pasted then they would temp bam you from doing that, or even if you did more than a few within an hour: it’s just the way it is.

I’m actually 8,174 but hopefully 9 in a day or two. The nail community have been really supportive and people must miss seeing me in their feed I guess

1 Like

Yeah I was, I didn’t know that wasn’t allowed. I am learning a lot after years of never getting any bans

1 Like

I can almost hear half of MP social scrambling to get this niche under their belts.

2 Likes

You need to make each and every message unique. You should send no more than say 2 per hour. Don’t send more than 20 per day. It sucks, but that’s how it is. Definitely do not copy and paste.

I guess I’m pretty lucky that I’m growing it still hurts when I was 123k a couple of weeks ago and my sales have been really effected

Ok thank you, I definitely have learned my lesson I hope it doesn’t mean I’m on their radar to loose my new account that would kill me

You are indeed lucky. Having that many people giving you shout outs etc, is worth a ton of money. Many people would love to grow that fast. And to be honest, you were growing so fast, that’s probably what ticked IG off.

Stick around and read as many threads as you can here. You will learn a lot of stuff that will benefit you.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was music in my older videos. I had a couple removed a few weeks before but I had no idea I could get kicked off for it. I had stopped doing music but I would have had to delete all my old videos. They need a mute button for existing videos because most people don’t know

I am finding it very useful. What can I do to protect my new account? Do you think that it’s growing too fast? Now I’m worried

I must admit I don’t understand a lot that is talked about though on these forums :sob:

To protect your new account? Start with the DMs. Always upload only your own unique content, never repost anything. While it’s amazkng that your friends are giving you shout outs, take it easy when you get your account back up to that level. As we have noted, always have a backup account.

Be careful of making anything sound too ad like. There is no way of knowing exactly why they banned your account. But diversify into other means of advertising. Instagram is free, but as you’ve found out they can yank it away at any time. And you have no legal recourse with them. It’s their platform, they can do what they want with it.

I would start a few “sub accounts”, maybe like one that reviews nail polish or something. Invest in some scheduling software so that you can easily create posts and go about your day.

If you were copy and pasting your DMs, you might have been making other mistakes as well. Probably having too many captions that were too similar or always had the exact same tags etc. you can learn a lot about what not to do, by looking at what gets people that spam banned.

You might have just made a minor mistake and gotten caught in their net. Just keep appealing.