Anyone succeeded in changing TikTok account location?

Well I’ve actually ran into a similar issue now that you mention it!

I’m posting from the US but trying to get views from Mexico.

The Mexican SIM card isn’t necessarily showing me to Mexico, rather Mexicans that live in the US.

I can’t verify if this SIM card trick works any longer, maybe it’s looking at the IP that’s posting the tiktok now to verify it’s region.

Hmmm thats weird I’m all the way from Costa Rica!! So I don’t think IP has something to do with my issue since 71% of viewers are from Australia and only 15% are from Costa Rica. However, I’m using a T-Mobile US SIM card. I can’t really explain how this is happening but I will continue to use it because at least I’m targeting an English speaking audience. Good luck with the Mexican SIM card!!!

there is no need to do that you need to make sure other stuff are set right as the SIM card that is essential for the algo to define the country.

1 Like

hello guys I hope you’re doing well. Basically I’m really down because my tiktoks have been getting really low views. The first one I posted with the SIM card got 600+ views however the last 3 ones I’ve posted barely get like 100 views. I really don’t know what to do😭 Do you think I should keep trying?

Hey Nik.i have a US SIM Which is activated. I posted two videos and they get 0 views. What could be wrong? I am pissed off… because i can’t start the business like that. Maybe the account is new? Maybe the device?

New Account?

Read here: [GUIDE] Changing Locations in Tiktok

I think it has something to do with your account being new. I would suggest posting some videos locally, and interacting with creators in your niche. Once you gain some followers, you can start using this method. Also, refer to the post above.

The thing is that i posted on an account that has been for over a year. And got 13k views on a local video. But when i switch the SIM. 0 views…maybe because i reposted videos?

Hello derdam. I face the thing with 0 views. Yeah i just stole the content and reposted it to test. If i make changes like add text and sound would it help and not be recognised as a repost? I am a bit desperate because i want to start businesses and get 0 views… which is not normal. Even tested it on an account which has been active a year and got a local video to 13k views. I am thinking of just making the content at home and hire a friend from the US to post the content from his phone. Any solutions or i should go with hiring the friend. Also if i hire him and he reposts the content i make on the app will i get lower views?

I’ve only posted my own original content so far, so I can’t help you with that as I’m not sure how the platform deals with stolen content. Hopefully someone else will be able to help with that. Good luck.

Update i got my USA sim. I deleted the tiktok app cache opend it after an hour from my usual account and posted a video which i did in tik tok app. Hour after still 0 views and not even my own view count. Usually i get views from the for you page but now with the new sim i got nothing. I did post again two videos but still 0 views and even my views didn’t count. Dose anyone knows why? Will it work if i just left it for few days or will it stay 0? Thanks for helping me out.

Same here bro. Did you post original content?i think many accounts get 0 views. It has to do with the trust score

Yo bro. Where i can find this feature? Also i created an account with the US number and now i can create only with email because this number is already used. Should i delete the other account or it will be okay with the email account and the only thing that matters is the SIM?

There is no point in creating a new account. All new accounts have a low trust score. You need to build it up. “Green Screen Video” can be found as an effect when creating Videos.

Yes the Sim card is what changes your Country. The Account does not have its own Country. With the Simcard in the Phone you will always get the country of the Sim card when posting from the Phone.

Update! i posted 5 videos all original. The first two kept having 0 views. The rest did get push and had over hundred views. I used tags other than for you page i used anime and gaming cause that’s my videos. I will wait till i get statistics to see if it was showing at USA or not and will let you know all.

1 Like

This is what you have to do! Just I said! Good Job!

Hey guys!! So quick update. I’ve been getting really low views on my tiktoks they don’t go up from around 300 views. I’ve been using hashtags like “fyp” and others so that I am shown on the US fyp. I am being shown mostly to the US and Australia, however most of the views come from “Personal profile”. Idk what I’m doing wrong and quite honestly I have no clue how to fix that. I hope you guys can give me some tips.

what do you mean by a personal profile?

Hey!!! Never mind I think my tiktok was glitching and needed to update because now that I look at analytics my tiktoks are mostly shown through the fyp hehehe

Hey everyone, is it true that if you change your SIM you might get zero views because of that or get shadowbanned? Thanks!