How I Made $12,000 In Revenue With Shopify + Instagram [[ Proof Inside ]]

Hey guys!

Today I’m going to show you how I made this much money with Dropshipping + Instagram:

For those of you who don’t know what Dropshipping is, here are the basics:

Now that we know the basics, let’s get started with the strategy.

Finding A Winning Product
What I search for in a winning product:

• Solves a problem
  • At least $15-$20 profit
  • Has mass appeal
  • Not easily found in stores

Keep in mind: Everyone has a different strategy, I’m just giving you my factors for a winning product.

Understanding "Mass Appeal"
Here’s what a lot of people don’t understand, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel with Dropshipping. Finding something that is already working for somebody else will work perfectly, and that’s what we’re looking for. I use AdSpy (kind of expansive, but there are coupon online that give you $75 discounts) to find my products. However, if you prefer to keep budget low, you can use a website like Ecom Hunt.
- Non referral links

Ecom Hunt works great for Dropshipping + Instagram, because you can find old products that a lot of people don’t market right now, but worked flawlessly for someone else in the past. Ecom Hunt offers a great free plan that give you full access to all of their products except the latest 6 or 7.

So if you prefer to keep your budget low, you can easily register to Ecom Hunt and find an old product that has a niche, mass appeal and you see potential in.

Creating The Store
Here’s a crucial part of this guide.
You need a good looking store to convert people, that’s not a secret, however, many Shopify beginners think that you need dozens of apps in your stores, popups, timers, urgency etc.
My store was extremely clean. Zero pop ups, timers, or trust badges, and that’s exactly how I recommend you to design your own store as well.
Creating your first store might be time consuming, however I have a great tutorial for that, check it out here.
Remember: Adding pop ups and timers might decrease your conversion rate as it looks extremely fishy.

Advertising
By now you should have:

• A store
  • A product with a niche
  • Some budget for advertising

Before you start advertising, make sure you have a Facebook Pixel installed in your store. This is so if the product explodes, you can scale to Facebook ads easily because you have a lot of data in your pixel.

All you need right now is a video ad. Why a video ad? Because a picture of a product instead of a nice presentation of it will not bring any sales (unless it’s merchandise). If you don’t know how to edit, you can use website like Animoto, software like Camtasia Studio, or ask someone from Fiverr to edit a video for you (I recommend these guys, not affiliated with them whatsoever).

Choosing The Right Pages
A lot of people here know Instagram extremely well, so this should be easy for you, here’s what I’m looking for in an account:

• Good engagement rate
  • At least 10k followers
  • Cheap pricing
  • Gets to the explore page often

How can you know if a page gets to the explore page often? Easy. Go through the page’s posts and see if every now and then one of their posts explodes in terms of engagement. For example, let’s say that a page has 5 posts, 4 posts with normal engagement rate, and another post with a lot of views/likes/engagement. That probably means that the post got featured in the explore page.

This is crucial for us because if our ad hits the explore page, it means that it’s going viral, and that is the reason why I was able to make so much money with my product. My product was related to the cosmetics niche, so there were a bunch of pages for me to advertise in.

Tips For Starters

• Don’t sell liquids
  • Integrate Stripe + PayPal
  • Integrate the Facebook Pixel and consider scaling once you succeed with LAAs
  • Don’t use timers, pop ups, etc

Good luck and feel free to comment down below if you have any questions!

#inforthegiveaway

13 Likes

2 questions and thank you for sharing:

1. does the client know you’re just a middle man?

2. how are returns handled.

Cheerio

1. Nope
  2. With your supplier from AliExpress/AliBaba :slight_smile:

So if there’s a return, does the end client have to send to you, and you deal with the supplier?? That’s kind of a show stopper.

Nope, the client send it to the supplier directly.

Who pays for the return shipping? Because if the end client buys from you it’s precisely because he wants to avoid buying from abroad… he might be in for an ugly surprise when he figures he has to deal with shipping to China himself, which THE main thing he was looking to avoid initially.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

It depends which supplier you choose. The best thing to do is to message your supplier and ask him. :slight_smile:

Tips should probably be more in that direction, how to source providers for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

Product research is mentioned in the post (using sites likes Ecom Hunt and AdSpy)

1 Like

I meant supplier/provider.

What do you mean? EcomHunt provides winning products that worked for others in the past with their suppliers.

Oh! I see. That’s awesome then. Can you tell us your experience with returns, and what would be best to do? Should we ALWAYS get providers/suppliers that deal with the costs, or how do you do it generally and what works best for you and why? Thanks gain

I never had to return a single product, just told my supplier that it was defective, they’d refund me, and then I’d refund the customer.

My refund rate was extremely low, primarily because good customer support and good shipping times.

2 Likes

Nice tips, thanks. I’m actually going to apply some of these ideas to standard merch that I’ll be offering with my IG page soon.

I think the the plan keeps it simple for merch in a really good way; helps to remind you that you’re not there to sell a whole department store’s worth of goods! Just the one or two products sell well.

2 Likes

Most top dropshippers use timers and pop-ups ?

That’s just a misconception.

Most “top” gurus used to use pop-ups, timers, and urgency plugins in 2017, but nowadays it just looks fishy and ugly. You want to market your site like a real brand, not like a Chinese knockoff.

https://mr-posture.com

Two dropshipping stores from “top dropshippers”, do you see timers and popups anywhere?

3 Likes

hai
nice thread
how long average delivery time ?

Thanks for the guide. The sites you recommend are very helpful.

how much do you spend for ads per day?

Hi, it depends on the supplier. If you’re using ePacket shipping, it can take 2-4 weeks, however I recommend using a supplier with a US logistics center (with a USPS shipping delivery option in AliExpress).

Here’s a great video that’ll show you how to find US suppliers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTK2ZxGsVYM

1 Like

I didn’t spend money on “ads” per se, I spent it on shoutouts from IG influencers, therefore the amount changed every day.