Why does my api keep getting blocked?

I’m having this issue with two real accounts that were created from the account owner’s app on their personal phones

1 Like

What are you using for sources?

Follow those who interacted with X account? Hashtags?

@Tacos hit it on the head with the scraper account, but that’s just one source, you need to mix them up a bit.

1 Like

initially both accounts were using “follow users that interacted with posts on target accounts”

since i started getting the API blocks I switched one of them to “follow followers of target accounts” but this alone didnt seem to make much difference.

depending on how my tests go, I will probably try a scraper account next

1 Like

Try adding in hashtags.

You mentioned resetting the device etc. That would require another PV or EV. Resetting device ID’s should be the last thing you should do (IMO). Lowered trust score is very hard to get rid of.

It took me months to get rid of them on a client account. She joined July or August of last year and had her account banned for changing her name to a trademarked name. Once she was unbanned it was blocks everywhere. I had to have super minimal actions and many days of rest. I used a lot of the other functions to bring it’s trust up, but it never fully recovered 100% before she off boarded.

3 Likes

why do you recommend adding hashtags as source?

I typically dont get great follow back ratios with them, will it somehow increase trust or address API issue?

1 Like

@HenryCooper will give you some insight.

Mostly it will address API issues. I would recommend not allowing the account to use the EB for any reason. Using the browser to like and follow is a “bandaid” and you need to get to the source of the issue.

Even if hashtags don’t produce a great followback you should see a difference.

Rest the account, change the settings and sources. I would really recommend a scraping account, even if just to test.

4 Likes

Just going throw this out there, but I think you may be hitting blocks due to the frequency of your actions.

Constant searching and following every 1-4 minutes is basically a neverending usage of the API every hour that you’re running things which would trigger the “Please wait a few minutes” error, or an API block from flooding the server with requests.

Following more at one cycle spread out over longer gaps will spam the servers less. ie. 20 per 30-40 minutes instead.

6 Likes

interesting

I don’t do liking via Jarvee at all as it doesn’t seem to make much difference and like blocks are frequent.

I will try adding hashtags as follow sources though and update the thread with my results

so is the idea to follow generic hashtags that are not even related to the content of the account?

Don’t use the like tool and like after follow at the same time.

If using like after follow, make sure you are staying around 50 and under per hour. It’s very easy to go over.

2 Likes

We grow IG accounts. Have been doing this for nearly 3 years. I just got this email from a client about a notification she received from IG: “I should have screen shot it but it was something a little different stating that “it appears you are conducting business with a company that produces follows for you” or something along those lines. “Change your password or your account will be taken down””…Anyone familiar with this? Thanks…We are only performing f/uf on here account. She just signed up, so the actions were very conservative.

1 Like

https://mpsocial.com/t/lvl2-megathread-reducing-inauthentic-activity-on-instagram-2018-11-19/53963

And more if you search. Ask her to include a screenshot or anyone else who gets them. People freak out and exaggerate what they received from IG.

Even regular people are getting that message so there’s a good chance it’s just a BS notice. She could have used Hootsuite or planoly or something along those lines in the past. Anyone can get that message honestly.

Thanks. I thought she got he typical notifications that IG has been sending out, but that’s when she sent me the message I pasted above. I will check other thread more and see what’s being said. Thanks again.

1 Like

I’ve not received the message nor have any of my clients. But there appears to be 2 different ones.

1 Like

We received all the head aches that came with recent notifications, but this one is very concerning. This is the only client out of 1200ish that said they received this notification, and she just received it within the last 2 hours. This client works on ppls faces and only has this one IG account(to our knowledge). It appears I’m still crawling in here, so that link you sent me is not allowing me to view it. Appreciate you connecting with me.

1 Like

Search keywords for inauthentic activity, remove followers etc. There are several.

1 Like

Thank you, asked about this in another thread, exactly the answer I needed :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, we had 20-30 clients receive that notification, and that’s what I thought the client today was experiencing, but when I asked her if that was the message she received she said no and then sent us the message I copied and pasted above about working with a company that produces follows for her, and she said that the notification said to change password or her account would be taken down. Now 99% of clients lie to us all the time, but that message concerned me and it came at a time when IG is flipping the script on us.
As for the inauthentic activity notification, some clients changed their password but some didn’t and so far so good with no issues.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info

1 Like

Start with what @ian recommended, after a days rest. I think thats the real issue more than anything.

1 Like

I never thought about it like that and now that you’ve worded it out that definitely makes a lot sense. I really appreciate the advice Ian

1 Like