Impossible Instagram Verification Loop

For those of you who still need help, WHEN you receive a email where it says your password has been changed, go to your phone and log into that email, find that “password has been changed” mail, press “secure my account” then you should be logged into your account and everything is fine!

I tried with doing the secure my account on steps on my computer, but that did not work.

Yea I have a stubborn account that this wont work for, I get the email about the password change and I tried 7 different browsers, including phone. It all just takes me right back to the get help logging in screen.

What about accounts that do not have an email on it? You obviously cant get these emails if you dont have an email on the account at all. Anyone have experience with that? Had to fill out that contact form to Instagram with the Need help signing in.

1 Like

Hey there :slight_smile:
Have you tried also opera VPN?
I made a video about that, try that - https://youtu.be/8cs1xYyudq4

3 Likes

Yes :frowning: I was doing that for all of them. The majority I did worked. Now I have 2 clients its not working for. One isn’t getting the Your Instagram password was changed emails at all. The other Is getting it, but it just opens back to the get help logging in screen. I tried incognito, opera, opera with VPN, firefox, internet explorer, safari, iphone chrome, iphone incognito, iphone safari

1 Like

Something does not make sense! after you do the log out as I show in the video- no secure email comes?
how about the social tab on Gmail for this email in your first account?

1 Like

Let me add something to this process that just worked for me.
Once you Log Out on the “Help Us Confirm…” Page, Clear Instagram cookies in the browser then Click secure your account in the mail.
So if you don’t clear Instagram cookies after log out. This won’t work.

So here’s the workaround-

1. Download Opera VPN
  2. Enable VPN
  3. Login to your Mail
  4. Go to IG and reset your password using “Forgot Password?”
  5. Go to your Mail (Opera VPN).
  6. Click in the link “Reset Password” and set a new password.
  7. Log Out
  8. Clear IG Cookies (Important)
  9. Go to mail (New mail arrived)
  10. Click “Secure your account”
  11. Yes it’s correct
  12. This was me
  13. Give Me a Thumbs Up :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
3 Likes

Have tried that as well. Clearing cookies before, middle and end as well. Believe me, I have done every variation. FOr 1 person the Your Instagram password email just doesnt come and for the other today they received the email and the secure your account still doesnt let you in. Yes with clearing cookies. With VPN, without VPN, with proxy, etc

2 Likes

For me I have tried several times without clearing the cookies and it didn’t work. It always landed to the “Help Us Confirm…” Page with a Log Out button at the bottom. I logged out but it didn’t log out actually and it was landing on the same page.
But when I logged out and Cleared IG Cookies, “secure my account” this time didn’t trigger “Help Us Confirm…”! It goes straight to the “Yes it’s correct” Page. This should work. Sorry for you if this doesn’t work. BTW, how did you clear IG Cookies?

I mean thats literally what I just wrote. Yes I have cleared the cookies. On 6 different browsers.

I went to the browser settings, and nuked everything, cookies, history, saved data, etc.

Ops, Sorry bro. The last think I can help you with is trying myself. If you want I can give it a try for you.

Clients accounts, cant share.

Exactly the same issue I’m facing, from the browser when I request a password reset:

The account had 2-factor auth enabled prior to this, I can only get a login link through the app where I was signed in inside my phone.

I see. That’s fine as it’s client’s account. :slight_smile:

I saw this when using the VPN sometimes. Try requesting the password reset with typing the email on the account instead of the username.

I got freaking hit again today by this sh#t

Same here, all clients from last wave received this loop again (and also some new clients).

I think this is caused by to many API calls and this is related only to new accounts. And when your account get hit by this loop once - there is nothing you can do to avoid this - besides resting the account (you can forget that EB only or low activity will help on this stage).

1 Like

Yeah I got it on mostly new accounts, but had some that were about a year old with between 15k-100k that also got hit. Do not remember exactly all accounts that got hit, but I’ll rest them if this happens more, I’ll make sure to rest the accounts for 24h-48h and see how it goes from then.

We managed to retrieve our accounts by using another method other than VPN.

1. Go to sign in page via Instagram app.(If your account is already logged in and keep getting the message you can log out your account by ignoring a couple times)
  2. Click on “Get help Signing in”.
  3. Enter your account name and click on the “Need more help?” link in the bottom of the page.
  4. You should see the verification methods there. Select one and continue following steps.

It will make you change your password at the end and you will be able to get your account back. At least we did for our accounts. Hope it helps.

Same, and ANOTHER client who I click on the secure account hyperlink and it still takes me back to get help logging in. Yes I cleared cookies. Yes I tried other browsers. Still cant get into the other 2.

1 Like

Yeah I did have to that on some accounts, since I got some type of error which said IG could not send a mail to me on that email. But I just switched vpn location on Opera on some of the accounts that got it, those that did not work at all, I have to do it the way you said :slight_smile: